Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?

Article about: Hi mates, I discovered some helmets from the remains of an abandoned helmet collection in the sales area of a German militaria forum, which I bought ("on suspicion") because I wasn

Question US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?

Hi mates,

I discovered some helmets from the remains of an abandoned helmet collection in the sales area of a German militaria forum, which I bought ("on suspicion") because I wasn't sure whether they were untampered with originals.

These included two NVA helmets which turned out to be almost new, unused helmets, and also in the rare size III.

A CSSR civil protection helmet, an older version of the Bundeswehr steel helmet, and two US American liners which I would like to ask about here in the thread.
    The two NVA helmets alone were worth the purchase price!

Here is one of the two US liners that I would like to put up for discussion or inquire about in this thread.

I'll ask for the second US liner in this thread tomorrow for identification.

Thank you in advance,
    R.

US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?

The CAPAC stamping in the dome of the liner.
    The liner was therefore manufactured in the early 1950s?

US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?

Looks like a legit MP helmet.
    John

The decal is for German Guard Detachments Guarding US Installations. (Labor Service Units)

The 6941st Guard Battalion was stationed in Berlin and Guarded McNair Barracks, Berlin Brigade Headquarters, Andrews Barracks and other US installations in Berlin.

USA 6941st Guard Battalion Kameradschaft e.V. – more than 40 years in the service of the US Berlin Command

Smitty

Some markings in the liner with ballpoint pen.

US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?US M1 liner unknown to me, an original?

Default German Labor Service (Insignia on the Helmet)

Greetings,

See link below for the organization behind the German Labor Force's insignia on the US Liner.

USAREUR Units & Kasernes, 1945 - 1989

Best,

V/r Lance

Interesting liner
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Some more opinions ?

I do not believe that the painted shield on the front of the liner is "Bubba made" yesterday ...

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Some more opinions ?

I do not believe that the painted shield on the front of the liner is "Bubba made" yesterday ...
    A colleague wrote me the following in a German-speaking forum:

It looks like a previous badge has been removed, or painted over?.
    No, it's exactly the other way around.

The badge is the one that has been worn for a long time, previously there was one with GERMAN lettering instead of the "Captain America" shield.

This helmet was rebuilt after the fall of the Berlin Wall, repainted and an "SG" was added as an adhesive letter instead of the badge.

Since Berlin's special status was lost with reunification, general status was established and security guard systems were introduced.

Since the helmets with the SG were not that attractive, collectors tried to restore the old condition, but in most cases this failed. Look here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast