Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

US M1 Mobile Riverine Force Spearheaders of Vietnam War

Article about: Hello, I leave you the photos of this M1 helmet from the Vietnam War, from the Movile Riverine Force. I would like you to give me your opinion, since it is curious. It seems to me that it mu

Default US M1 Mobile Riverine Force Spearheaders of Vietnam War

Hello, I leave you the photos of this M1 helmet from the Vietnam War, from the Movile Riverine Force. I would like you to give me your opinion, since it is curious. It seems to me that it must be a souvenir helmet from a soldier who was in the unit and took it to his house, but it is pure supposition. It has glued pieces of life jackets from the time. The chinstrap is seen to be replacement on original hitches. If any of you have an opinion about it, I appreciate you sharing it. I'm thinking of buying it, but first I like to consult with you. All the best.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M1 Mobile Riverine Force Spearheaders of Vietnam War   US M1 Mobile Riverine Force Spearheaders of Vietnam War  

US M1 Mobile Riverine Force Spearheaders of Vietnam War   US M1 Mobile Riverine Force Spearheaders of Vietnam War  

US M1 Mobile Riverine Force Spearheaders of Vietnam War   US M1 Mobile Riverine Force Spearheaders of Vietnam War  

US M1 Mobile Riverine Force Spearheaders of Vietnam War  

This photo was missing, sorry.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M1 Mobile Riverine Force Spearheaders of Vietnam War  

I am a bit out of practice with M1’s but I believe the heat stamp indicates a later production 1950's McCord shell. I agree the chin straps have not been installed correctly on the helmet. Without provenance it is impossible to authenticate any veteran history. I would not pay too much for this personally.

Hello,

yes M- xxx means a production of MC Cord in the 1950's.

Regards

Personal this is a helmet I would love to have in my collection. These group was essential for the protection of the waterways. They were a base on operations for PCF’s Swift boats and a Huey. Probably given to a navy or Army personnel when he left to go home.

I have one swift boat helmet in my collection and I think this one is cool.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td