MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Us m1 steel helmets

Article about: I have had these two US M1 steel helmets for over 40 years. One of them has at one time been repainted. It has a front seam with swivel bales and a stainless steel rim. It has the stamp mark

?

Default Us m1 steel helmets

Us m1 steel helmetsI have had these two US M1 steel helmets for over 40 years. One of them has at one time been repainted. It has a front seam with swivel bales and a stainless steel rim. It has the stamp marked on inside and front of helmet 288A. I cannot find a S mark. It has a liner but I cannot tell who made it. The other helmet is original coating, swivel bales( one missing), back seam and it has a stamp mark 8922 on the inside of helmet. It has a manganese rim as helmet. It seems that it has had (white marking all round) like a glue which helps to keep the liner in place. The liner is missing. This trace of glue , I had one time read that it was done by a particular manufacturer to keep the liner in place.

It would be helpful if somebody can give me the manufacturers of these two helmets. I thank as always in anticipation.Us m1 steel helmetsUs m1 steel helmetsUs m1 steel helmetsUs m1 steel helmetsUs m1 steel helmetsUs m1 steel helmetsUs m1 steel helmetsUs m1 steel helmets

Both McCord i reckon early to mid/late war.

I might be wrong, but the rusty one appaers to be a Belgian M1 clone. Concerning the liner, the maker mark seems to have scratched out.

Might be Belgian as well. Did you at any time switch liners?

Cheers,
    Emile

?

No the liner has not been switched. Both these helmets were found in Malta. The rusty one was given to me by a friend of mine. He had this helmet for a few years before he gave it to me. One thing for sure that he has never been abroad. I have some clones including three Belgian ones and they are not the same as the one above. Thank you for your time to look at these helmets.