Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

US M1 WW2 liner Military Police

Article about: After my last finding (https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/us-m1...-liner-807531/), one more lonely Westinghouse WW2 liner with MP markings on the left side. Αny comments welcome, thanks in adva

Default US M1 WW2 liner Military Police

After my last finding (WW2 M1 helmet and liner ?), one more lonely Westinghouse WW2 liner with MP markings on the left side.
    Αny comments welcome, thanks in advance.
    Aghs
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M1 WW2  liner Military Police   US M1 WW2  liner Military Police  

US M1 WW2  liner Military Police   US M1 WW2  liner Military Police  

US M1 WW2  liner Military Police  

I don't know about this one but it is interesting that it seems to have the remains of the Bremen Landeswappen on the fronts.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hi there,
    the helmet was certainly worn for many years after WWII. There are a lot of layers of paint on top of each other.

Yes, and in front that is the city coat of arms of Bremen.

US M1 WW2  liner Military Police

After 1946 in Bremen and Bremerhaven there were enclaves of the US Army that used the ports. Maybe this helmet comes from a local MP unit.