Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

US M1 WW2 production? With Vietnam Cameo Cover.

Article about: Hello Forum! Picked this M1 up on a flea Market today, it has a Vietnam Area Cover but the shell is a front seam so I think the shell is WW2 produced. Could you tell me more about the liner,

IMO a sand finisch.

Yes this is the last chinstrap model for ground troops. Worn from the 1970's to the 1980's.

I don't agree, I think it's the original paint and cork finish, although worn. More opinions are welcome though.

Liner has been repainted in the early 1950's, chinstraps and cover are 1970's as mentioned earlier.

Thanks again for the Opinions guys! Any way of helping setteling this opinion difference? Can i make better pictures to definitly identify as one or the other? Or does someone have a third Opinion? Sand finish would be still nice, but an Original WW2 finish would be amazing!

At the moment I’m leaning toward sand but a few more pictures maybe helpful.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

It's sand alright. First shot (first post) of brim is deceiving. Shot of my late sandy one & a 50's sandy.

Cork for comparison.

Quote by Adravor View Post
    Here are the additional outside pictures, thanks for all your help so far!

And here the chinstrap, should be the last Variant, but only half of it is left.
    You can also get the 70's/80's strap here!?! but I guess Germany censors this too??

US M1 Steel Combat Helmet Chinstrap - Unissued | eBay

Definitley sand. No way there would be original WW2 cork finish with the 70's-80's chinstrap. I have another 70's-80's helmet with the chinstraps and the exact same paint color and finish. This is the type of paint/finish used in the post-vietnam era.

Quote by huntssurplus View Post
    Definitley sand. No way there would be original WW2 cork finish with the 70's-80's chinstrap. I have another 70's-80's helmet with the chinstraps and the exact same paint color and finish. This is the type of paint/finish used in the post-vietnam era.
    Helmet M1 Model 73 US

Sand and Munsell 10Y 3/3. Typical overhaul from the mid-1960s

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast