Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US Marine Combat Helmet plus veterans other combat gear

Article about: Hello I just posted this in my weekend finds thread- I'll take some more photos soon of the Helmet it's self. "This was a great high water mark for me- I bought this from a US Marine, a

Default US Marine Combat Helmet plus veterans other combat gear

Hello I just posted this in my weekend finds thread- I'll take some more photos soon of the Helmet it's self.

"This was a great high water mark for me- I bought this from a US Marine, a veteran of WWII & Korea. This was the actual field worn items from WWII. A great soft spoken man from Holyoke, MA. He was laughing when he told me he tried the helmet on the night before he sold his items to me and said he remembered why he hated wearing it- it was always slamming into his head but he was too young to worry about concussions- ha!
    He did not go into his experiences when I had asked him, he had a sad smile and just said it was tough times.

I'm proud to care for these items in my collection.

His helmet, liner and cloth camo helmet cover all are marked with matching serial numbers stenciled on.

The canvas Marine canteen cover is the only sample of this type I currently have.

Ammo belt and straps & med pouch, plus uniform belt.

Backpack pouch and a spare camo cover.

I also have his duffel bag, garrison cap, 2 versions of the Marine officer cap and a later green version pus some dress belts and odds and ends."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Marine Combat Helmet plus veterans other combat gear   US Marine Combat Helmet plus veterans other combat gear  

Fred Green
    ?

Default Re: US Marine Combat Helmet plus veterans other combat gear

Hello,

Nice pickup!! Great set of gear!!

Fred

Nice score two helmet covers !!!

Thank you sir- if he still had his issue knife I'd have gotten that as well but it was lost long ago- he also tried but could not sneak his rifle back, otherwise it be in this collection as well.

I need to get the new display room up in order.

Thank you very much- I own quite a few items but not many that I factually know who the actual owner was. It was also the first time I bought from the veteran himself.

*Many of the items I find are first posted in my "My Weekend Finds" thread.