MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A very interesting M2 D-Bale on ebay

Article about: The good thing about this seller,is he is totally up front about his, Work. There some really dodgy sellers out there,and fortuntely he's not one of them............( Aha...there's another f

Default A very interesting M2 D-Bale on ebay

Hi guys, Got bored so I went on ebay and found this D-bale helmet, The the paint looks like a cracked window in my opinion heres the link:

M2 M1 Paratrooper Helmet 551st PIR WW2 NCO D Bale WWII - eBay (item 140409690011 end time May-30-10 12:28:13 PDT)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A very interesting M2 D-Bale on ebay   A very interesting M2 D-Bale on ebay  

A very interesting M2 D-Bale on ebay   A very interesting M2 D-Bale on ebay  

A very interesting M2 D-Bale on ebay   A very interesting M2 D-Bale on ebay  

A very interesting M2 D-Bale on ebay  

Default Re: A very interesting M2 D-Bale on ebay

You know it is a fake .

I know its a fake but its a interesting one in my mind

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    I know its a fake but its a interesting one in my mind
    You are right,I would love to have the real deal.I hearded of a M2 from sainte mere eglise with all the straps and unit marking sold at auction for 75000$ YES crasy. this was in the pass year.

Holy sh*t, I never thought a helmet could go for that much money..You can buy a car with that money, (excuse my choice of words also)

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    Holy sh*t, I never thought a helmet could go for that much money..You can buy a car with that money
    I sent the article to my dad because he could not belive it.This was high class militaria auction house for people who have alot of money not me.

This Fallsjirmjager.biz,lid will be a very high quality piece(for a re pro)look at it,as a UK based Easy Green,like piece.

The lids are genuine,former swivel loop,with D bales spot welded on,so yes a fake in that respect.

I bought one, off this dealer a while back,and their great for display, especially if like me and 99% of the population,who cant afford THOUSANDS OF POUNDS, for an M2.

I paid about £50........You pay's your money ,you takes your choice!

If you are on a budget get one( and no I'm not on commission,to plug this company......but I wish I was )

A bit OTT with the paintwork.

?

the condition of the helmet is as found as he say's the only thing he's done is change the bails & added the decals & aged them to mach the condition of the rest of the lid.

The only thing that really spoils it is the way the unit markings have been added. They are on the top coat of paint and also the other layers of paint. These helmets should not be referred to as fakes, they are replications of the real thing. A fake is generally accepted as being manufactured to pass off as the genuine article - to deliberately deceive. A replication is just that - a replica of the real thing, which someone purchases knowing it's not the genuine article.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast