Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Very Interesting VFW General Fibre Liner

Article about: Here we have a General Fibre liner produced somtime between October '42 and November '42 based on the raw ends of the fabric to which the nape strap attaches to. It was repainted after the w

Default Very Interesting VFW General Fibre Liner

Here we have a General Fibre liner produced somtime between October '42 and November '42 based on the raw ends of the fabric to which the nape strap attaches to. It was repainted after the war by the VFW who added in a strange headband. Luckily this liner is in great condition externally, besides the obvious repaint and a strange hole next to the VFW headband rivets. Overall I am very happy as I got this for extremely cheap. I added the shell for looks. Cheers!

I would probably display this solo personally as it wouldn’t have gone with a steel pot in its current state. Nice interior indeed. I see a lot of these civilian post war painted Liners for sale. Not my area of collecting…. I try to obtain WWII wartime intact sets with no OT very very little alterations … but this one interesting in its own right.
    Z