Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Vietnam era camo m1 helmet?

Article about: I picked this helmet up today for the cool factor. The helmet has a light sand finish and so does the liner. The heat stamp is hard to make out but it is a ww2 issue helmet. The liner is sta

?

Forum is strong and this is a testament. I am here because the iron sharpens iron and we don't leave each other behind. If it was easy everyone would do it. I can't add any knowledge on this lid. I still learn after 30+ years and watching this all play out encouraged me. Regardless of age, religion, faith, race or nationality we should always strive to work towards the common good of each other & for this hobby. Proud to be a member here and hoping we can grow even closer and stronger together.

Rossi
    Last edited by Rossi; 10-27-2017 at 07:14 PM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Mark & I have mutually apologized for last nights childish behavior & my apologies were forwarded to Marty for turning his thread into an ugly mess. It was unfair & selfish to do so.
    David

So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.”
    James:19-20
    We are all stronger men today. Men I have been encouraged today for the humbling of our hearts and the uplighting of the members here. Most of us will never see in person the people here but we can grow together as friends.
    Kirk I liked your Proverb
    On a lighter note....“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
    ― Douglas MacArthur

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I like it Marty is this the same Pot that was on J.MURRAY'S site.!

It was.

It was a spur of the moment purchase. The helmet wasn't very much in my Opinion and I liked it for the cool factor.

?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    It was a spur of the moment purchase. The helmet wasn't very much in my Opinion and I liked it for the cool factor.
    In the end brother if you like it that is all that really matters.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

my first thought on the camo pattern on this helmet ignoring the red. is desert or middle eastern. the chin strap looks relatively new to the helmet as the helmet shell has a lot wear to it.

Quote by geelong View Post
    my first thought on the camo pattern on this helmet ignoring the red. is desert or middle eastern. the chin strap looks relatively new to the helmet as the helmet shell has a lot wear to it.
    Great observation

The chinstrap is a replacement as is the liner.
    Marty

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast