Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Vietnam ground troop infantry helmet no 2.

Article about: In the continual M1 production evolution this was the next stage.a typical 1968-1970 period Infantry Helmet.the shell is a not so easy to find Parish shell of the Dana Corporation with North

Default Vietnam ground troop infantry helmet no 2.

In the continual M1 production evolution this was the next stage.a typical 1968-1970 period Infantry Helmet.the shell is a not so easy to find Parish shell of the Dana Corporation with North & Judd none Anchor stamped black painted steel Hardware.note it now has the later Munsell paint compared to the earlier olive drab.the Liner is a Marmac industries and is dated march 19 1969,the largest producer of all p64 type 1 and type 2 liners,between 1964-1973 some fifthteen contracts were ordered,this was the only company that produced both M1 Helmet and M1 Combat Helmet Liners.the paint was removed by me as it had red gloss covering it.the Mitchell dated 1968 should be a deep cut version by this stage of production is actually still needing slits cut for the chinstraps.the sweatband is a later 1972 version with a 1969 nape.the rubber band is a modern repro but the Bug juice is an original still quite full dated 1966,and always adds a touch to these Period Helmets,the 30.cal are modern too...............hope you like it.
    Last edited by ruddersrangers44; 05-10-2015 at 04:58 PM.

?

Hi Jake, fantastic display, I have a few of the Marmac liners in my collection, interesting to see your example is minus the paint finish, do you think this is because of a manufacturing fault, the reason I mention that is that I have some liners where the paint literally falls off when handled, anyway great to see another of your period pieces and as always your information provided is very useful for novice/seasoned collectors alike,regards Opex.

Many thanks Garyfor your comments,with regards to the paint,there were a large batch all being sold by the same seller about 5 years ago,and they were all painted gloss red,I think it was some training type camp fire cadet or something like that,anyway I hated it so yes guilty by admission I removed it,live and learn,we've all made them,thanks for dropping by...........

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Many thanks Garyfor your comments,with regards to the paint,there were a large batch all being sold by the same seller about 5 years ago,and they were all painted gloss red,I think it was some training type camp fire cadet or something like that,anyway I hated it so yes guilty by admission I removed it,live and learn,we've all made them,thanks for dropping by...........
    No problem Jake, I think I too would have removed the paint, especially if it was not professionally applied, but I have made many mistakes with tampering with Helmets over the years,as you stated you live and learn.

I look forward to more of your educational posts

Thanks GaryThese Parish shells are no where near as common as the earlier Ingersol shells or the later RJ Stamping Canadian produced ones,its difficult to spot sometimes,it depends mostly on the sellers pics,in this case it was sheer fluke I landed one,nice to own differant types thou just to compare the build and quality etc........

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Thanks GaryThese Parish shells are no where near as common as the earlier Ingersol shells or the later RJ Stamping Canadian produced ones,its difficult to spot sometimes,it depends mostly on the sellers pics,in this case it was sheer fluke I landed one,nice to own differant types thou just to compare the build and quality etc........
    No problem Jake, and I agree that is really useful to have the different types of manufacturers for reference purposes,sounds like a lucky purchase

another really great looking example jake the extras finish it off a treat
    Regards James