Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Vietnam M1

Article about: I’ve had this one for a few months and I’ve been out of pocket for awhile so I thought I would post this pick up. No story on the helmet but it’s a cool helmet with a cross on both sid

Default Vietnam M1

I’ve had this one for a few months and I’ve been out of pocket for awhile so I thought I would post this pick up.
    No story on the helmet but it’s a cool helmet with a cross on both side. I haven’t taken the cover off but it’s dated 1969.

Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vietnam M1   Vietnam M1  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vietnam M1   Vietnam M1  

Vietnam M1  

MAP
    ?

Iconic looking M1 Marty. Love it. Like the cross
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Marty the helmet has character and that faint looking cross just adds more to it and a story to tell.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you guys,
    It’s not the greatest helmet but it is cool.

Marty

As said above, so iconic, thanks for sharing this lovely example !
    Paul

Liner is earlier than Vietnam war era. Check the steel pot - could be even WWII made. It was quite common in late 60's / early 70's to use them still in combat.

Thank you for the information

WW2 Blackened Brass A washer liner with wartime sweatband and Korean period Nape,nice salty been there set Marty,luv the artwork Bud.well done.

Quote by Tomasz70 View Post
    Liner is earlier than Vietnam war era. Check the steel pot - could be even WWII made.
    Agreed, almost a certainty. When I joined the Canadian army 50 years ago, our issue M1 helmets were all cast off WW2 and just after that sort of thing. I saw lots of these and all the various older types. We used them until they broke and discarded them. This liner is older...