Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Website to lookup service records?

Article about: Is there a website to search service records? I picked up a M1 liner from Korean War. Anti-Aircraft Command. Looking for more information about the original owner to add with the helmet. Nam

Default Website to lookup service records?

Is there a website to search service records? I picked up a M1 liner from Korean War. Anti-Aircraft Command. Looking for more information about the original owner to add with the helmet.

Name looks to be Albert A. Carinci
    number is worn out, I see US84070897

This may be your Soldier.. Just a guess though, but some of the indicators of the helmet may indicate this is your person.. IN the 1950's the Air Defense Artillery Center for the US Army was at Fort Bliss, Texas. At this installation in the 50's they conducted basic training as well as Air Defense School for the various ADA weapons. It is quite possible that Carinci took basic at Fort Bliss and remained at Fort Bliss at the ADA school. It appears he only served for about 2 years and then got out and made his way to Albuquerque, New Mexico which is about 4 hours North of Fort Bliss...

The only records that I know of for the Korean War are the NARA records for battle casualties and POWs. It may be possible though to request records from NARA (I think they are closed or working on limited schedule due to COVID so the wait times could be very lengthy unless it is a Veteran emergency). You may also reach out to the National Cemetery where Carinci is buried to see what information they have which is releasable to the public.

Albert Anthony “Al” Carinci (1930-2014) - Find A Grave Memorial

Smitty

Thanks for the information, I had done a search in google and found that obit. The timeline and where Albert was from Linda made sense, but wanted to confirm with service records.

Thanks for the assist.

- - ------- - -

Thanks for the information, I had done a search in google and found that obit. The timeline and where Albert was from kinda made sense, but wanted to confirm with service records.

Thanks for the assist.