Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Weird stampings on M-1 shell

Article about: Hello to any1 who sees this thread. So some time ago I bought really nice M-1C airborne liner dated 1967 from Firestone if I'm not mistaken. Next i went to my local military dump to see if I

Question Weird stampings on M-1 shell

Hello to any1 who sees this thread.
    So some time ago I bought really nice M-1C airborne liner dated 1967 from Firestone if I'm not mistaken. Next i went to my local military dump to see if I could find a nice shell to go with it, and I found one that fits pretty good. Now the thing is: I have NO clue about the manufacturer of the helmet.

As you can see in the pictures below, The stamping sais: "ABL 82 Us LOT 1". I know that ABL stand for "Armée Belgique/Belgisch Leger", and that the 82 probably stand for the year of manufacture, 1982. And I'm guessing the US made M-1 shells for Belgium? Could any1 confirm that? You can also very clearly see it has the typical black post WW2 US chinstrap buckles.

I found no other markings or stampings.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weird stampings on M-1 shell   Weird stampings on M-1 shell  

Weird stampings on M-1 shell   Weird stampings on M-1 shell  

Weird stampings on M-1 shell  

Hallo,

US = Ulbrichts Witwe, Schwanenstadt (Austria)
    82 = 1982.

It's a belgian shell made in Austria.

Regards

I thought I should add that along with the shell, the chinstraps and buckles are also not US made. Cheers.