Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Who can tell me something about this M1?

Article about: Hey all, can someone tell me everything regarding this M1? Cheers! J

Default Who can tell me something about this M1?

Hey all, can someone tell me everything regarding this M1?

Cheers!

J
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who can tell me something about this M1?   Who can tell me something about this M1?  

Who can tell me something about this M1?   Who can tell me something about this M1?  

Who can tell me something about this M1?   Who can tell me something about this M1?  

Found the lot number:

1788 NUA
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who can tell me something about this M1?  

The liner looks US, but the shell is a german clone, VDN 88/1
    VDN is the Company Vereinigte Deutsche Nickel-Werke and 88/1 is 1988, lot 1

For the cover, that's the last contract for Mitchell Helmet Cover, 1977. (Or last contract to my knowledge.)

The liner is Israeli. The steel shell is a German VDN product for The Netherlands (Troepenhelm M53). Show us the strap buckle on the shell, for defenite identification. The cover is indeed US.

A mixed parentage, to say the least. They do not belong together. VDN 88/1 = 1988, january.

Cheers,
    Emile

?

Agreed the liner is Israeli

welp, bought it from a very trustworthy military surplus site as 'an original Vietnam-war M1'
    mailed them, explained the situation and they said i'll get a full refund as .. it was fairly expensive

thanks everyone!

Really great that you're getting your money back. Glad for you. Man, I love this forum! So many great, helpful, knowledgeable people! Actually, if you're wanting to add an original Vietnam M1 to add to your collection, forum member tank destroyer has one for sale on the forum here:

Vietnam m1 helmet - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

It looks like a nice one. He's a great guy...has helped me out with some helmet questions not too long ago.

-Robyn