Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Would love to get your help in identyfying this M1 helmet a relative collected

Article about: Hello there Thanks to MAP for directing me to the right forums. I was left 2 helmets by a relative who just enjoyed them for their history and every now and again popping them on and surpris

Default Would love to get your help in identyfying this M1 helmet a relative collected

Hello there

Thanks to MAP for directing me to the right forums. I was left 2 helmets by a relative who just enjoyed them for their history and every now and again popping them on and surprising us!

One of the helmets was this M1 which I believe was from the Korean or Vietnam War but it'd be great if anyone has any more information about it.

It feels quite personal as there is a name on the front of the inner liner and some writing on the straps inside.

It would be great know any more info about the helmet if you have any and also if its of value to a collector at all.

Many Thanks for your help

AlexWould love to get your help in identyfying this M1 helmet a relative collectedWould love to get your help in identyfying this M1 helmet a relative collectedWould love to get your help in identyfying this M1 helmet a relative collectedWould love to get your help in identyfying this M1 helmet a relative collectedWould love to get your help in identyfying this M1 helmet a relative collectedWould love to get your help in identyfying this M1 helmet a relative collectedWould love to get your help in identyfying this M1 helmet a relative collectedWould love to get your help in identyfying this M1 helmet a relative collectedWould love to get your help in identyfying this M1 helmet a relative collectedWould love to get your help in identyfying this M1 helmet a relative collectedWould love to get your help in identyfying this M1 helmet a relative collectedWould love to get your help in identyfying this M1 helmet a relative collectedWould love to get your help in identyfying this M1 helmet a relative collectedWould love to get your help in identyfying this M1 helmet a relative collected

Hi Alex..hang tight ...those who study that time period with this type of helmet will chime in and give you the answers you need.
    I also encourage typing in the type of helmet in the internal search engine seen at the upper right hand corner of this pagwe....this will lead you to many of the same threads and would be a great start for a study.

Enjoy your stay here Alex

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Is there a heat stamp on inside front of the helmet. The helmet looks like a late war or post war McCord. The helmet looks like high dome so that would rule out it being a Ingersoll or possibly a RJ Stampings. The stamped number on the hemet will tell us a lot. The liner looks to be a Vietnam era liner as do the chinstraps on the helmet which are found on mid-post war Vietnam war helmets.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Hi Tank Destroyer
    How interesting I couldnt see any sort of stamp at all but when I got my torch out it popped up! Ive attached a photo I think and the number reads 7493. How fascinatingWould love to get your help in identyfying this M1 helmet a relative collected

The heat stamp confirmed in my opinion the small voice in my head the helmet to me based on the heat stamp is a Dana Parish m1 helmet. If I remember correctly has were made in the late 60’s. The look of the helmet in pictures made me think it was a high dome helmet but the color did not look right. So I’m leaning to a late war Vietnam helmet made by Parish.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Fantastic, thank you Marty, such an amazing item and interesting as I initially thought it was Korean but now from the Heat Stamp I have a maker and a rough date. Thanks!

How weird for a parish shell to have Anchor stamped North and Judd chinstraps which are usually only seen with Ingersol made shells?i've only seen unmarked types with parish.the company which was part of the Dana corporation received 2 contracts in 1968/69.

Do you think that the chinstraps belong to this shell rudderranger44? Also does that mean the liner might not belong to it?

Hi Alex yes I would say so it's well known that the Anchor logo was used on all buckles made between 1965-67 and I know that sometime in 1968 they dropped the logo and continued producing all metal parts until 1969,so usually these latter chinstraps were fitted to Parish shells as it fits within the time frame,but I guess there's excess stock to be used up so most likely a small number of Parish shells were fitted out with the earlier type straps just to exhaust existing stocks.
    Just to add the Liner known as M1 HELMET COMBAT LINER was contracted between 1964-1972 and would of been produced by either Firestone or Marmac industries.

I agree, it looks like Dana Corp.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast