Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ww2 british netted m1's.

Article about: Some previously shown Fixed Bale Helmets but I added good quality original British small mesh knotted nets.and better pictures too..............

Default Ww2 british netted m1's.

Some previously shown Fixed Bale Helmets but I added good quality original British small mesh knotted nets.and better pictures too..............
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 british netted m1's.   Ww2 british netted m1's.  

Ww2 british netted m1's.   Ww2 british netted m1's.  

Here's the second one.............
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 british netted m1's.   Ww2 british netted m1's.  

MAP
    ?

Nice!

I have a few M1's and really really want to pick up an original net for one. Just can't tell real from fake! IMHO these nets just "define" a ww2 ETO for me.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank's for the comments Michael,there seems to be a lot of repro-types on US ebay,but here in the UK there still plentiful,I'll get you one if you want Bud..................

Very nice Jake and thanks for showing, I would love one of these original nets but I dont even have an M1

MAP
    ?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Thank's for the comments Michael,there seems to be a lot of repro-types on US ebay,but here in the UK there still plentiful,I'll get you one if you want Bud..................
    that would be great Jak. Don't go out of your way but if you run across one it would be appreciated. Will PM you. As you noted all the ones I see for sale over hear appear to be repros.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Beautifully photographed showing a lot of detail and interest Jake and thanks for taking the time to show your excellent examples, the nets do indeed look very period

Thanks Gary,check this if you happened to have missed it..........1st production run McCord with Hawley.

?

Hi Jake I am rather disappointed you do not have a Canadian Two tone in the Mix there as they were as well adopted and used on the US M-1 here are a couple of images below of the 13th Infantry Brigade during training as well as on board ship just before landing on Kiska Island in the Aleutians of the coast of Alaska in August of 1943 it was to be a counter offensive to push the Japanese back of the Island ( Take note of the round dagger patch that represents the expeditionary force ) the Japanese left quite secretly on the evening of July , 27 / 28 just days ahead of the expeditionary forces which arrived on the Island on August the 15 there was no resistance encountered .
    Prior to the landing the Japanese forces were under constant threat of bombings by aircraft and Naval Bombardment and lost a submarine and a few warships as part of the blockade prior to there withdrawal from Kiska.
    Jeez you better PM me your mailing address so I can fix that problem for you .........

Regards Mark

Back to the same thing of there's plenty on your side of the pond but not on ours,like the US CD Helmet and M17A KELLY..............slip one in the post would you dear chap,thankyou ta very much............

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast