Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Era M1 used in Korea

Article about: I picked up this M1 and overall I like it. A fairly good early fixed bale shell that also has a large stress crack, bummer. The chin straps look original or were replacce upon re-issue. The

Default WW2 Era M1 used in Korea

I picked up this M1 and overall I like it. A fairly good early fixed bale shell that also has a large stress crack, bummer. The chin straps look original or were replacce upon re-issue. The liner is also WW2 manufacture. I believe this set was re-issued for use in Korean war. I also believe the dome straps were removed in the period to allow room for a skull cap due to the cold weather. Just my assumption only. No provenance. I cannot really make out the complete service number on the liner and not able to make out the heat lot number on the shell. I am assuming a McCord shell. All thoughts and information is appreciated. Thank you for looking.
    John

WW2 Era M1 used in KoreaWW2 Era M1 used in KoreaWW2 Era M1 used in KoreaWW2 Era M1 used in KoreaWW2 Era M1 used in KoreaWW2 Era M1 used in KoreaWW2 Era M1 used in KoreaWW2 Era M1 used in KoreaWW2 Era M1 used in KoreaWW2 Era M1 used in Korea

That is a beauty John, definitely has the darker colour seen on Korean War era M1 helmets and the Indianhead Division were in country.

Nice looking set John,pre july 1943 McCord and less common seaman's liner,good pickup.....

Thank you for the information from all. I had not even noticed the Seaman's liner as I assumed they only made the paper liners. Thanks.
    John

Second To None - gotta love the 2nd ID!

helmet2id...I tried to send you a private message yesterday, but your private message box was full....

John,
    You picked you a nice and desirable 2nd Division liner. I like the character of a stress crack, I didn’t when I started collecting but I grew to appreciate the defect/imperfection.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td