Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Beachmaster(?) helmet

Article about: I was interested in this helmet for the visual appeal but I don't know if this is original to the helmet or a post war paint job. I have never seen paint done like this in my short time coll

Default WWII Beachmaster(?) helmet

I was interested in this helmet for the visual appeal but I don't know if this is original to the helmet or a post war paint job. I have never seen paint done like this in my short time collecting, and the paint seems to be put on awful sloppy. Whether it is original or not I think it is an interesting helmet for the right price.

Thanks,

Alec
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Beachmaster(?) helmet   WWII Beachmaster(?) helmet  

Attached Images Attached Images WWII Beachmaster(?) helmet  WWII Beachmaster(?) helmet  WWII Beachmaster(?) helmet  WWII Beachmaster(?) helmet  WWII Beachmaster(?) helmet  WWII Beachmaster(?) helmet 

?

Default Re: WWII Beachmaster(?) helmet

more then likely a post war job when & what for i cant say ???

?

Is it a front or rear seam helmet, does it have any markings in the front dome of the shell or anywhere, what is the purpose of the awful green thingy in the shell, do you know if the liner fits the shell properly or is it too loose , hence that insert, as for the paint , it could be wartime but what war i have no idea until you establish the period of helmet, it could be a soldier that had to hastily apply the insignia to his helmet for whatever reason, or a complete post war jobby, it looks very crude but thats no sure indication of fakery, but i would wait for more opinions

The liner stands a chance of being legit I think. The yellow dot is for a Naval Beach Battalion Corpsman though, not a Beach Master, they were completely different units. The NBB existed between 1942-45, so if the liner is period it may be o.k., I don't like the shell though and think they may have been 'married' together at a later date.

Generally speaking, there should be a yellow dot on the back as well, so i'm not entirely convinced of it's genuiness.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks for the input guys. Davejb, I couldn't answer those questions, this is an online auction and I don't see any contact info for the seller. If I can get it cheap enough I wouldn't mind getting it.

Alec