Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Got this for christmas

Article about: Hey guys i got this for christmas and need help. the guy said it was a ww2 tank heater but i have no clue. Please let me know if you need better pictures. thanks ryan

?

Default Got this for christmas

Hey guys i got this for christmas and need help. the guy said it was a ww2 tank heater but i have no clue. Please let me know if you need better pictures.
    thanks
    ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Got this for christmas   Got this for christmas  

Got this for christmas   Got this for christmas  

Got this for christmas  

Default Re: Got this for christmas

Ryan: It certainly appears to be a heater. What is written on what appears to be a tag on top of the unit in the last (bottom) photo? It might have a part or model designation on it that would help identify it. Do you have any indication as to the type of fuel it burns, i.e. gasoline or kerosene? I was in M-47's and M-48's in the 1950's and they were equipped with crew compartment heaters, but I don't recall exactly what they looked like or how they worked. I have a vague recollection that they were gasoline fired and were similar to the gasoline heaters used in the Chevrolet Corvair. Dwight

?

It says Miller 12v Portable heater on the top but the rest is very faded and can be hardly read.There is also an instruction plate on the side telling you what to do. Im thinking is kerosene.
    Thanks
    Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Got this for christmas   Got this for christmas  

Ryan: It appears that you have an OG31-A Miller, 12v Utility Heater used in WWII. It is not used in tanks, but was designed to heat buildings and pre-warm engines. According to the manual it could be used in a moving vehicle. The heating fuel is gasoline.
    The manual for that heater is TM 11-2525 Miller Utility Heater Model OG-31-A (30 June 1944); 34 pages, 17 illus. Dwight

?

Thanks So much Dwight! For helping me find out this mystery.
    Thanks
    Ryan