Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles

Article about: Hi Mo, thanks! Glad you did not get a ticket Looks like a great place to spend a day, taking your time to take it all in. Cheers, Ade.

Default Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles

Hi guys,

I don't think I have ever posted these pictures. Back in April I made the drive back home from Utah to PA. Along the way, I stopped at this fantastic museum located in Lexington, Nebraska.

I'll let the pictures do the talking!

Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles   Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles  

Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles   Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles  

Default Re: Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles

More...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles   Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles  

Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles  

Great shots, Mo. Thanks for posting them.........!

Can you imagine working there ?
    Regards,

Steve.

Last round for tonight and I'll post the rest tomorrow.

Looks great, Mo!

Regards

The rest, as promised.

I think it's just the one old guy who was there who runs the show. When I go back to Utah in January I'll stop again and try to see if he will sell me anything.

That's me in the swimming trunks by the Sherman!

Last few shots... anyone see anything they like? I am a fan of the Kuebelwagen myself.

Hi Mo, thanks for posting these.

Are the vehicles privatly owned?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hey Ade, this is taken from their website:

"Welcome to the official Web site of the Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles (HMMV), a non-profit organization run by volunteers and funded by donations and grants.

The museum has about 100 vehicles including helicopters, tanks, halftracks, ambulances, and a jeep from every branch of the service plus displays of weapons, uniforms, engines, equipment, and more. The everyday necessities of a soldier's life, such as MREs, blend with unique vehicles like those used by the German army in World War II.

This hands-on museum invites you to see, touch, and even sit in vehicles that have been restored and, for the most part, are operational. Vehicles date from World War II but displays include items from World War I as well."

I actually went way over the speed limit through Nebraska to get to this place on time. I got there ten minutes before it was supposed to close, and the guy that was there gave me some extra time to look around at everything. It's pretty out of the way, but if you're ever in the middle of America, it's definitely worth a visit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast