Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RE WD Flying flea 125cc.

Article about: Name: FLYING FLEA REBUILD 001.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 228.0 KB  ID: 828465 class= thumbnail style= float:CONFIG /> I bought the very rusty flea and the remains of another one and

Default RE WD Flying flea 125cc.

RE WD Flying flea 125cc.RE WD Flying flea 125cc.

I bought the very rusty flea and the remains of another one and the pictures show the very rusty one and the progress so far. John

MAP
    ?

awesome!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Default Restoring a RE flying Flea

Flea is now finished and pictures of the "bones" of the next one to restore, John.RE WD Flying flea 125cc.RE WD Flying flea 125cc.RE WD Flying flea 125cc.RE WD Flying flea 125cc.

Lovely little bike!.....

I like it!!!!

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Default bones of flying flea

Flying flea parts being painted, John.RE WD Flying flea 125cc.RE WD Flying flea 125cc.RE WD Flying flea 125cc.

?

Great restoration - you've brought that little bike back from the dead!

Default Royal Enfield flying flea No.2

This is the second flying flea that I have restored. The picture above shows the parts being painted. This flea has the frame NO. 11115, the same no.is on the engine. I did not intend to buy this flea, just measure up the parts on it to finish the restoration of the first bike. But on seeing it and the various dates, from 1952 to 1955 stencilled on the petrol tank I said to the owner that it would be a criminal shame for someone to buy it and get rid of all this info just to restore the bike to new condition. He agreed and so we had a deal and the bike came home. I had a spare petrol tank so the stencilled one is in bubblewrap and put to one side. The pictures show the bike as I first saw it, how it looks now, and the info. from a Dutch guy.I must add that the bike had been outside in all weather from at least 2007. John.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RE WD Flying flea 125cc.   RE WD Flying flea 125cc.  

RE WD Flying flea 125cc.   RE WD Flying flea 125cc.  

Default flying flea 11115

Something went wrong for the last picture, will try this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RE WD Flying flea 125cc.  

A work of art, man. Thx for doing this, and showing. Bikes have been in my blood since early teens, something about those spokes... the sound, the speed (the bugs in your teeth ;-) Nifty thing about restoring one of these is you don't have to worry about about any chrome parts

Lordy, that was definitely "rusty"! I don't think I would even take on a project like that, I'd never get anything else done until it was finished.

Closest I ever came to a bike like this is when I picked up a slightly bedraggled '66 round barrel 441 Victor back in the early 90's and painted the whole thing in Olive Drab, then later sold it to pay rent or whatever... Of course that was before they were worth the crazy money that they are now.

Sure would love to pick up a Bantam or similar, but unfortunately too scarce here (US), and probably completely unaffordable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast