Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

T30 HMC 1\2 tracks....... any left anywhere on the planet?

Article about: Does anyone know if there are any T30 howitzer motor carriages left anywhere? Annoyed from this ads?   Of the 500 or so built, 10+ where destroyed in action (n. Africa and italy), 300+

ILH
    ?

Default T30 HMC 1\2 tracks....... any left anywhere on the planet?

Does anyone know if there are any T30 howitzer motor carriages left anywhere?
    Of the 500 or so built, 10+ where destroyed in action (n. Africa and italy), 300+ where converted into infantry carriers for D-Day, and the remainder where given to the Free French (& others possibly).
    They were used in n.Africa, Sicily, Italy, France (FF) , and the Aleutians, at least, during ww2. I've also heard a rumour of them in the French IndoChina conflict.

Any info on possible examples would be great.., thanks, Jim.

Sure! there is one at the Muzeum Wojska Polskiego in Warsaw, ex Red Army/Poland People's Army: you seem to have forgotten that Lend Lease supplies were not sent only to Western allies, but also to the USSR... Maybe I have seen one also a the Museum of the Great Patriotic War in Moscow, but I can not remember...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture T30 HMC 1 tracks....... any left anywhere on the planet?   T30 HMC 1 tracks....... any left anywhere on the planet?  

T30 HMC 1 tracks....... any left anywhere on the planet?  

?

Just a wild guess, but i wouldnt be surprised if any of these motors were removed from the vehicles and turned into a waterpump, or a power supply.
    In the caribbean i was one time president of a mid size condominium, when i was checking the area and the quality of everything, i found out that the emergency power of the hotel condominium had a ww2 ship engine turned into emergency power supply. The man in charge of the maintenance informed me of this. So maybe there is a machine out there for you, pumping water, or producing electricity.