Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Welbike and BSA C10

Article about: by Blackpowder44 The canvass grips I made myself,John Nice job, they look the part. I saw a HD WLA45 parked up at work today, complete with a leather holster for the Thompson...

Default Welbike and BSA C10

The BSA C10 was a off and on resturation during last year, the engine was delivered to the War office 1st. Sept. 1939 and the frame to BSA London 25th.Nov. 1939the engine case just behind the destributor has the ministry arrow and the inspectors mark-M89. The welbike is a MK. 1 with frame No. 883. I restored this little bike since last Christmas. I would like to thank some of the people who supplied me with parts etc, Axholme Signs for the number stencils, classic transfers for the water slide transfers, and last but not least Villiers services for all the mechanical bits and bobs. John.Welbike and BSA C10Welbike and BSA C10Welbike and BSA C10Welbike and BSA C10

nice job.

Great work, i'd hate to ride the Welbike on the roads around here, i don't think the potholes and the small wheels with no suspension would mix very well!...

?

Its interesting to see the BSA C10 - I imagine that they are much rarer than the M20 and the other bigger WD bikes. I see from Orchard and Madden British Forces Motorcycles that a total of 1,935 were supplied and I imagine that were almost all ridden into the ground and then scrapped. Congratulations on both restorations, both bikes look really fine.

Regards,

Philip

Well done John!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default James ML 125cc villiers engine

Finally finished the James ML. The formation sign on the petrol tank is that of Combined Operations. These little James were taken ashore on D Day by verious units includind Commandoes, beach groups and other assault troops. They were nicknamed the Clockwork Mouse. Now to start on the infantry bicycle and the BSA folding bike. John.Welbike and BSA C10

Nice work John!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

That's a fine restoration. I notice that you have the canvas handlebar grips - I expect they are hard to get. No footrest rubbers either, another measure to save rubber, I suppose.

Philip

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    That's a fine restoration. I notice that you have the canvas handlebar grips - I expect they are hard to get. No footrest rubbers either, another measure to save rubber, I suppose.

Philip
    They look like the repro ones that a guy on ebay makes. He stitches original canvas on the underside to give the appearance of the originals. I'll be getting some for my Enfield WD/CO when I get to that restoration.

The canvass grips I made myself,John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast