Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

NKPS Visor cap authenticity

Article about: Hello guys, I have a cap here I'm looking to buy that I'm almost certain is real. However I would like to ensure its authenticity before dropping some money on it. Given it has the famed &qu

Default NKPS Visor cap authenticity

Hello guys, I have a cap here I'm looking to buy that I'm almost certain is real. However I would like to ensure its authenticity before dropping some money on it. Given it has the famed "Square bill" and crown shape of wartime soviet peaked caps, this is what worries me the most, as these types of caps are faked quite often. Appreciate the help everybody. I believe the Red Warrior factory did not date their items during the period this cap would have been produced.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NKPS Visor cap authenticity   NKPS Visor cap authenticity  

NKPS Visor cap authenticity   NKPS Visor cap authenticity  

NKPS Visor cap authenticity   NKPS Visor cap authenticity  

NKPS Visor cap authenticity  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NKPS Visor cap authenticity
    P
    Many

Spenwil73

Looks good to me. But I must admit I'm no expert on visor caps. Have to wait and see what others have to say. Is it coming from reliable source etc?

Gerry C.
    From the High Plains of the Midwest U.S.A.

No, It is from a seller on ebay. There are a lot of fakes on ebay of caps of these types however this one looks quite good compared to those ones. caps from this era are seldom offered anymore and I'd love to get my hands on one.

Sorry wish I could offer more assistance. I know I have several "coal shovel," visors I purchased years ago. Right after the USSR collapsed. Long before anyone really collected or wanted Soviet items. Unfortunately they're located back at my home. Which is six hours away from where I work. So can't lay my hands on them for comparison. I know looking at your images again all wear looks acceptable. I like the fact you can see normal "thumb wear" on the bottom of the visor. All the wear looks period to the visor. That's something that's hard to fake.

I've been told post war visors are hard to date because they used the same style of visor after the war. The only other thing I can add is just be cautious when buying off the bay. Lot of snakes out there.

Gerry C.

Hello,

In my opinion, based on such poor pictures, a repro hat. The marking is suspect...and the provenance from ebay not a good sign.

Best regards
    Gabriele

Show's you what I know.

Gerry C.

Shoveling Lots of Snow here in the High Plains of the Midwest