Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1939 Verwundetenabzeichen Schwarze Maker Marked '65', Real?

Article about: Hello everyone, If I could get a few experienced opinions on whether this badge is an original or fake and information on making your opinions, it would be very appreciated. Than you...Alex

Default 1939 Verwundetenabzeichen Schwarze Maker Marked '65', Real?

Hello everyone,
    If I could get a few experienced opinions on whether this badge is an original or fake and information on making your opinions, it would be very appreciated.
    Than you...Alex
    Attached Images Attached Images 1939 Verwundetenabzeichen Schwarze Maker Marked '65', Real?  1939 Verwundetenabzeichen Schwarze Maker Marked '65', Real? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Verwundetenabzeichen Schwarze Maker Marked '65', Real?
    P
    Many

It looks okay to me.
    It appears to have the correct hardware and mark, although larger photos always help in determining authenticity.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you for taking the time to respond and your very respected opinion. It has been many years since I collected and the forgers have improved their trade!

Original Klein & Quenzer.

/Jonas

Thank you for your opinion Jonas! That is great news.

Default 1939 Verwundetenabzeichen en Schwarze concerns?

Hello collector community!
    I just received this badge(posted earlier) and after the opportunity to scrutinize closely I have some concerns. Knowing the Germans were meticulous in manufacturing techniques and realizing that quality suffered late in the war, I would kindly like to ask opinions on these concerns. I will show full view photos first; followed by close-ups. Concern #1: In the background dot matrix SOME of the rows of dots are curved as opposed to straight. This doesn't show well in the photos but is more obvious in hand under the right light conditions. Concern #2: Some of these dots are undeveloped or incomplete as seen in the first close-up photo. Concern #3: The right guard of the right sword has five lines as opposed to the four lines in the other three guards as shown in the second close-up photo. Please let me know what you think of this badge and if this is common stuff on Verwundetenabzeichen or common errors on post war badges. I have a grace period through Tuesday, May 30th, 2017. Thank you for any opinions and help!
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Verwundetenabzeichen Schwarze Maker Marked '65', Real?   1939 Verwundetenabzeichen Schwarze Maker Marked '65', Real?  

1939 Verwundetenabzeichen Schwarze Maker Marked '65', Real?   1939 Verwundetenabzeichen Schwarze Maker Marked '65', Real?  

1939 Verwundetenabzeichen Schwarze Maker Marked '65', Real?   1939 Verwundetenabzeichen Schwarze Maker Marked '65', Real?  

Last edited by 3jusequlib; 05-29-2017 at 02:30 AM.

Did some internet searching, and found this one in an archive. Photos aren't fantastic, but it appears to be the same maker as yours: Mfg Klein and Quenzer.
    Yours is in considerably better shape. Comparing it to the example from that site, and the one I own, I'd say it was fine. The minor problems you've noticed could simply be the result of production suffering in quality towards the end of the war.

https://militaryantiquesmuseum.com/g...29.archive.htm

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Did some internet searching, and found this one in an archive. Photos aren't fantastic, but it appears to be the same maker as yours: Mfg Klein and Quenzer.
    Yours is in considerably better shape. Comparing it to the example from that site, and the one I own, I'd say it was fine. The minor problems you've noticed could simply be the result of production suffering in quality towards the end of the war.

B.B.
    Why not just look around here?
    Verwundetenabzeichen in schwarz 65
    Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwartz - 65 - Klein & Quenzer w/packet
    Verwundetenabzeichen by 65, Klein & Quenzer
    This one looks okay to me.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks B.B. and Ralph! It amazes me how much variety one firm produces in a single award-ie. BWB from K&Q. I imagine it is due to the 'Dies' wearing out after such time and new 'Dies' being cut, with slight variations, maybe even unbeknownst to the manufacturer-ie. size of the maker's mark, sword cross guards, hardware attachment locations, etc. I did notice in the first link you sent me Ralph, the deformed 'dots' in the background. I'm not seeing the wave in the dot lines in any of the links as mine slightly has, so I'll keep looking. It might just be hard to produce in a photo.
    Thanks to both of you again....cheers, Alex

Here is another variation from this maker.
    Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, Maker 65, K&Q
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast