Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hauptmunzampt Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold for review: is it a Floch fake?

Article about: Gents I have these two photographs of a verwundetenabzeichen in gold, marked "30" for Hauptmuntampt of Wien. It lacks the "circles" on the back and the pebble pattern see

?

Default Hauptmunzampt Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold for review: is it a Floch fake?

Gents

I have these two photographs of a verwundetenabzeichen in gold, marked "30" for Hauptmuntampt of Wien.

It lacks the "circles" on the back and the pebble pattern seems too regular and I suspect it might be a Floch fake with different hardware set up - so please have at it!

Thanks

Adrian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hauptmunzampt Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold for review: is it a Floch fake?
    P
    Many

If that's 4 lines in the left hand sword cross guard when the others have 5, Then it's a fake, scary fake. Regards Paul

?

Yep, reckon it's only got 4 lines across that part of the handle. I'm pretty sure it's a Floch or similar. They have started appearing with different hardware setups on the reverse.

After checking this badge out against my MM30 Tombac gold & silver i have decided that i believe the posted badge to be a good original. If you look closely at the left sword cross guard i believe i can see a faint 5th line. The pebbling is the same also. Sometimes the swirls on the back are not as obvious . Regards Paul. I attach mine for comparison.

?

All of these badges show an identical dot pattern. One thing I did notice though was the positioning of the 3 horizontal berries at the top of the badge. On the thread starter these are more or less straight across compared to Paul's badges. That's about all that I'm going to put in. Okeke, have you actually studied the differences between the badges that you post and known Floch badges? They are like chalk and cheese! The term "Floch Fake" would have be one of the most overused and often erroneous descriptions used in this hobby.

Regards
    Brett