Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

How manny different types of german ww1 ww2 or any other wounded badges are there ?

Article about: Hello I want to start a collection of german wounded badges but I don't know where to start how manny there are all the variations and how too look out for fakes ? Any advice please ? I saw

?

Default How manny different types of german ww1 ww2 or any other wounded badges are there ?

Hello

I want to start a collection of german wounded badges but I don't know where to start how manny there are all the variations and how too look out for fakes ?

Any advice please ?

I saw a brass ww1 wounded badge a hollow one ect ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How manny different types of german ww1 ww2 or any other wounded badges are there ?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: How manny different types of german ww1 ww2 or any other wounded badges are there ?

That could be quite a task but a very rewarding one! Are you going for just one example of each type or an example from each maker?
    My suggestion to start with is to use the search button here on the forum and read the threads dealing with Verwundetenabzeichen, get to know the different types, the materials, the reverse hardware etc. Get to know your subject, visit dealer sites and see their wares and prices and ask questions here on the forum.
    These badges aren't overly faked due to availability but fakes do exist so post any potential purchases prior to parting with any cash.
    The rarest and most heavily faked badge will be the 20th July badge handed out to those who were wounded in the assassination attempt on Hitler by Von Stauffenberg. Very few of these were awarded and those that do exist very rarely come onto the market so be aware of them!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: How manny different types of german ww1 ww2 or any other wounded badges are there ?

Great advice Adrian
    Jay

I am having the same thoughts and I don't think going after all the makers is the way I want to start. $$$
    Perhaps WW1 with as many variations as feasible to start and that would include minis or stick pins. Then
    start with the blacks, silver and golds of WW2 and Condor (as money becomes available for the latter). I need
    a Kreigsmarine badge since that is what my father served in.
    In between getting whatever that pops up as a good deal.

I may need to sell my fish (save the jokes, blokes) to afford this.
    Anyway that's almost a plan and I hope to stick with it to some degree.

Good luck bansky.

Rudy

?

Lol sell fish ? I think I will start with trying to get one etch of ww1 2 ect the go for the different makers materials ect