Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold real or fake

Article about: Hi Everyone, I have had this piece in my collection for years and assumed it was a fake. Now I am not sure. I am not an expert on these things so desided to ask. I cannot make out the markin

?

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold real or fake

Hi Everyone,
    I have had this piece in my collection for years and assumed it was a fake. Now I am not sure. I am not an expert on these things so desided to ask. I cannot make out the marking on the back.
    Thank you in advance.Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold real or fakeVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold real or fakeVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold real or fakeVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold real or fake
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-30-2023 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold real or fake
    P
    Many

It is a post war Souval piece.

I have edited the title of your thread.
    Please read the following thread regarding posting in this section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank you Ralph. I really appreciate it.
    And sorry about the title. This was my first post on the forum, other than the introduction.

Quote by ALgsp View Post
    Thank you Ralph. I really appreciate it.
    And sorry about the title. This was my first post on the forum, other than the introduction.
    Not a problem,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Agree with Ralph, the catch is a give away to it being a post war made badge by Rudolf Souval. It's a circular plate with two cuts and the piece between the cuts used to form the retaining hook.
    Any badge with such a configuration is a post war badge.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I remember reading somewhere that the catch style was a deliberate feature to identify the badge - the reason being that many of Rudolf Souval's post war offerings to satisfy the collector market's appetite were struck using original dies (or new dies made from master pattern boards) urban myth or not, it is so obvious a feature of these that it seems logical.