Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold Silver Black wound badges HOLLOW GOLD?

Article about: Just bought this thinking it was silver but when I got it I see it looks like a gold one. Has the L/11 like the Wilhelm Deumer badge that was discussed on the WAF and shown in an earlier pos

?

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold Silver Black wound badges HOLLOW GOLD?

Just bought this thinking it was silver but when I got it I see it looks like a gold one. Has the L/11 like the Wilhelm Deumer badge that was discussed on the WAF and shown in an earlier post. Did the best pictures I could.

Seems to be a steel base as there is rusting.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Peter

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold Silver Black wound badges HOLLOW GOLD?Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold Silver Black wound badges HOLLOW GOLD?Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold Silver Black wound badges HOLLOW GOLD?Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold Silver Black wound badges HOLLOW GOLD?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold Silver Black wound badges HOLLOW GOLD?
    P
    Many

?

Going by these photos the badge appears to be heavily oxidised tombac/brass. Have you put a magnet to it to check?

Regards
    Brett

?

Okay just checked and not magnetic.

Definitely looks like gold wash on it though.

?

I'd say that this is a garden variety battered black that has been roughly scrubbed/abraded on the front. The gold is the original colour of the base metal and shows heavy pitting. Sorry if this isn't the answer you were looking for, but going by these photos, all we have here is a black badge that has had a hard life.

Regards
    Brett

?

Thanks. Not looking for any specific answer, just the truth. Cheers. Peter

?

I agree with Brett, a relic black badge. It looks like it's been dug up and cleaned and the gold colour is the tombak base metal.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thanks Adrian. Quite possible. Got it for a very low price so still really like it.

I have to agree, but I wonder why the stamp on the pin?
    Deumer is not known to do this.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Yes interesting?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast