Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz - Replica or Original ?

Article about: Good day fellas. Is this badge a replica or an original ww2 badge? Thank you!

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz - Replica or Original ?

Good day fellas. Is this badge a replica or an original ww2 badge? Thank you!

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz - Replica or Original ?Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz - Replica or Original ?
    Last edited by rbminis; 03-18-2018 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz - Replica or Original ?
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum. It looks like cast copy to me.

Best regards,
    Franko

Looks like a "chaos pattern" fake to me!....

I agree with you Gunny, you are right, it indeed looks like chaos pattern fake.

Best regards,
    Franko

?

Don't write it off just yet Joe. What you have looks like an extremely battered tombac badge. It is not a chaos pattern fake. A look at post # 2 in the following link will soon show this:

Verwundetenabzeichen im schwartz(FAKES?)

Regards
    Brett

Quote by Franjo Vuk View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum. It looks like cast copy to me.

Best regards,
    Franko
    Yep, I agree. Look at the detail especially the wreath, sword hilts, crossguards and swastika. As vague as a politicians answers and just as fake.

This is pretending to be a black grade which are at the lower end of TR badge prices so one does wonder why would anyone fake these so perhaps it is a "repro" for re-enactors etc?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Well, maybe its not chaos pathern fake, although it looks like that type of black wound badge fake, but that doesnt matter at all, because it certainly is a fake and cast copy item.

Best regards,
    Franko

Quote by Franjo Vuk View Post
    Well, maybe its not chaos pathern fake, although it looks like that type of black wound badge fake, but that doesnt matter at all, because it certainly is a fake and cast copy item.

Best regards,
    Franko
    I disagree.
    I think it is a used and abused original black wound badge minus any finish.
    The pebbling pattern is too accurate and nice for any fake that I have seen. This badge is stamped and not cast.
    IMO, it is not in collectable condition.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank you very much Ralph.
    I've handled hundreds of these things in all conditions & I have a fair idea what I am looking at. As well as the pebbling you mention, the rim is a uniform thickness which is something you wont find on a cast badge. This is exactly how good items get binned!

Regards
    Brett

Maybe I am wrong but to me this badge definitely looks like fake and on the surface of it some traces of casting are clearly visible IMO. Anyhow condition is so bad that it really is not in collectable condition. Genuine or not this piece is completely ruined.

Best regards,
    Franko

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast