Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen Black L/14 Fake or Real

Article about: I'm thinking of buying this black wound badge but couldn't be sure if its real or fake. I know there are quite a lot of different L14 or L/14 variations out there. So I just need your help a

Default Verwundetenabzeichen Black L/14 Fake or Real

I'm thinking of buying this black wound badge but couldn't be sure if its real or fake. I know there are quite a lot of different L14 or L/14 variations out there. So I just need your help about it.
    Eren
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen Black L/14 Fake or Real   Verwundetenabzeichen Black L/14 Fake or Real  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen Black L/14 Fake or Real
    P
    Many

It looks fine to me.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Its a good one, made in buntmetall (zinc) hence the oxidisation on the rear.

Indeed, a good one. However, the "pest" corrosion on the back gives me some concern. I don't recommend cleaning medals but something should be done to arrest that corrosion. I'm not sure how (or if) it should be treated. NH

Thanks for the responses gentleman! I'll go ahead and get it.Course I'll take care of the corrosion too (Even though I don't know how). Best regards
    Eren

Quote by erentukenmez98 View Post
    I'll take care of the corrosion too (Even though I don't know how).
    Hi Eren, you can cover the affected area with a very thin layer of vaseline. That way the metal is no longer in contact with the atmospheric oxygen.

Regards,
    Miguel.

Quote by Migobeego View Post
    Hi Eren, you can cover the affected area with a very thin layer of vaseline. That way the metal is no longer in contact with the atmospheric oxygen.

Regards,
    Miguel.
    I have also used Vaseline on some of my medals to prevent further damage
    Works just fine.

The oxidation is caused by the excessive amount of flux used in the soldering process.
    I recommend you brush off as much loose zinc pest as possible with a clean tooth brush and cover the whole badge with a coating of Vaseline.
    Leave it on for 24 hours, and then remove as much as possible.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you all again for sharing your experience and knowledge with me. I'm happy to hear that this badge is an original one. Oh and I will take care of that oxidation problem as you said. Best regards
    Eren