Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Schwarz First Pattern Wound Badge, Opinions Needed!

Article about: Hello guys, I have been offered this 1st pattern WBB. I have compared it to known original examples and the catch and pin setup appears to be the same. A difference I see is the size of the

Default Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Schwarz First Pattern Wound Badge, Opinions Needed!

Hello guys,

I have been offered this 1st pattern WBB. I have compared it to known original examples and the catch and pin setup appears to be the same. A difference I see is the size of the helmet circular vent, is this just a makers variant?

Thank you, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Schwarz First Pattern Wound Badge, Opinions Needed!   Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Schwarz First Pattern Wound Badge, Opinions Needed!  

Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Schwarz First Pattern Wound Badge, Opinions Needed!   Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Schwarz First Pattern Wound Badge, Opinions Needed!  

Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Schwarz First Pattern Wound Badge, Opinions Needed!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Schwarz First Pattern Wound Badge, Opinions Needed!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Schwarz First Pattern Wound Badge, Opinions Needed!

I've moved it to the correct forum Glenn, I don't know about these but I have never seen the pattern of background dots in this seemingly circular arrangement following the edge of the wreath. Perhaps someone knows otherwise? I will follow with interest.......

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Schwarz First Pattern Wound Badge, Opinions Needed!

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I've moved it to the correct forum Glenn, I don't know about these but I have never seen the pattern of background dots in this seemingly circular arrangement following the edge of the wreath. Perhaps someone knows otherwise? I will follow with interest.......
    Sorry Adrian, I didn't realise there was a dedicated sub forum for the WB. Thank you

Thank you, Glen.

Although I only collect the cut-outs, I did some digging around the forum and came across this "Fake Alert" photo...And although the photo isn't that great, the large vent hole is easily apparent...just my 2 cents worth...Personally I don't know for sure, could be simply a private purchase piece...
    cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Schwarz First Pattern Wound Badge, Opinions Needed! 

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Although I only collect the cut-outs, I did some digging around the forum and came across this "Fake Alert" photo...And although the photo isn't that great, the large vent hole is easily apparent...just my 2 cents worth...Personally I don't know for sure, could be simply a private purchase piece...
    cheers, Glenn
    Thank you for your help Glenn. I am not sure about it but the price is more than fair.

Thank you, Glen.

The reverse hardware looks good...The dot-pattern almost gives it a Halo-Effect, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

Would it be possible to have some more opinions please.

Thank you, Glen.

Hi Glen, it is a fake. Note the regular pattern of the "dots".

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Glen, it is a fake. Note the regular pattern of the "dots".

Cheers, Ade.
    Thank you Ade for your help!

Thank you, Glen.

Adrian is, of course, correct.

This is a fake badge.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast