Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen in gold

Article about: Hi Everybody. a few weeks ago I got my fingers burnt with a black wound badge that was pretending to be gold. I have just bought this one from a reputable dealer with a money back guarantee

Default Verwundetenabzeichen in gold

Hi Everybody. a few weeks ago I got my fingers burnt with a black wound badge that was pretending to be gold. I have just bought this one from a reputable dealer with a money back guarantee and am looking fo some opinions on it. Also, if anyone could help me identify the manufacturer that would be great. Many thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen in gold   Verwundetenabzeichen in gold  

Verwundetenabzeichen in gold   Verwundetenabzeichen in gold  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in gold
    P
    Many

Hi everybody. I though I would bump this up due to a lack of response. I have been on the WAF site and was told that it might be a S & L zincer that had been re-finished. I don't know about that, but it is one possibility I suppose. This theory throws up some questions:

Firstly, is it the case that all zinc awards will have absorbed their finish after 70/80 years, or could the right storage conditions preserve the award in tact? Secondly, is it even possible to re-finish such an item to this standard without resorting to painting it?

I have taken another photo in natural daylight to see if anybody can give an opinion one way or another on its authenticity
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen in gold  

Many zinc awards can still retain their original finishes. Certainly, storage conditions for the last 70+ years can have an effect on this.
    Refinishing can be done, it depends entirely on one's abilities.
    IMO, this one appears to be refinished to me.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Cyclist, not sure but I don't like the catch. Looks like either a post war catch or replacement.

Quote by War Medals View Post
    Cyclist, not sure but I don't like the catch. Looks like either a post war catch or replacement.
    This style of catch was used war time by some makers.
    Here is my L/24 silver wound badge with this type of catch and catch plate.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph, cyclists wound badge peeked my interest due to the unusual hardware set up, always trying to learn more. I did a little more research on this maker L24. I came across a gold wound with this maker with even a different back than the one you show. Have you seen this badge before. I am still trying to decide if cyclist64 is war time.

John
    Attached Images Attached Images Verwundetenabzeichen in gold 

Quote by War Medals View Post
    Hi Ralph, cyclists wound badge peeked my interest due to the unusual hardware set up, always trying to learn more. I did a little more research on this maker L24. I came across a gold wound with this maker with even a different back than the one you show. Have you seen this badge before. I am still trying to decide if cyclist64 is war time.

John
    The wound badge you posted has a post war replaced catch.
    This is the original catch for an L/24 with a round pin. You can see how it sits right down in the mounting guide.
    Ralph.

I have found a couple of links showing un-related badges with this hinge an catch set up.

http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/files/flak.jpg

MedalBook - Army Flak Badge, by Steinhauer & Luck

Just to make things a bit more confusing, I have found this Friedrich Orth GWB with the same hinge but different catch.

Gold Wound Badge L/14 with Correct LDO Case - Epic Artifacts

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast