Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen L/56 Funcke Brunninghaus

Article about: Forum members I have had this one for a few weeks now and think I have finally learned enough to know it's authentic. It was a craft show find and bought it after looking at it twice, as I w

Default Verwundetenabzeichen L/56 Funcke Brunninghaus

Forum members

I have had this one for a few weeks now and think I have finally learned enough to know it's authentic. It was a craft show find and bought it after looking at it twice, as I wasn't sure it was authentic. Not because of its quality, but because of the markings. It did not bend under finger pressure and is very nicely detailed but L/56 seemed wrong. I know 65 K&Q made many of these but L/56 was losing me. Bought it anyways, it was inexpensive, $35, so not too much to lose.

Can anyone please tell me if this is a rarer maker of this award? I haven't seen many by Funcke Brunninghaus L/56 on the forum.

Greenhorn

Verwundetenabzeichen L/56 Funcke BrunninghausVerwundetenabzeichen L/56 Funcke BrunninghausVerwundetenabzeichen L/56 Funcke BrunninghausVerwundetenabzeichen L/56 Funcke Brunninghaus
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen L/56 Funcke Brunninghaus
    P
    Many

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen L/56 Funcke Brunninghaus

I haven't seen many myself; but I'm sure someone knows more about it.

This is an odd one to me - it's very thick and has an unusual
    type of pin arrangement I've not seen before.

Perhaps somebody has another ?
    Regards,

Steve.

Nice original Funcke & Brüninghaus, good find

I do not think this is a rare maker since I have seen some of these around on different sites for some time now.

/Jonas

No red flags for me!

I have only seen F&B's with the L/56 marking thus:

I'm with Steve on this one

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Verwundetenabzeichen L/56 Funcke Brunninghaus 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Funcke & Brunninghaus Verwundetenabzeichen are a common maker to find. Their badges are characteristically thicker than we usually see on hollow stamped black badges. You will also notice the catch is open on the left side instead of the more common right, again, another characteristic.
    The badge posted by Greenhorn is in my opinion a perfectly acceptable example of a Verwundetenabzeichen by this maker with the correct maker mark.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Hello Greenhorn
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with this badge. If you compare the dip on the front of the helmet skirt with other verwundetenabzeichen, you will find it to be slightly
    shallower on the L/56 black badges.

Regards
    Brett

Thank you all

Thank you for reviewing my award here. Not a rare maker but not too common of a setup for this award, based on quasi reviews. I'm happy to have it in my display.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE