Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz - E.S.P

Article about: Hi, I have learned that it exists pretty well made cast ESP fakes so I would like to get the opinion about this badge. Compare to normal black badges this is heavy 19,3 g. Seems ok to me but

Default Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz - E.S.P

Hi,

I have learned that it exists pretty well made cast ESP fakes so I would like to get the opinion about this badge.

Compare to normal black badges this is heavy 19,3 g.

Seems ok to me but want to be 100% sure.

Thanks
    /Jonas

Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz - E.S.PVerwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz - E.S.P

Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz - E.S.PVerwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz - E.S.P

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz - E.S.P
    P
    Many

Seems to be ok to me. I got one myself. It should be made of zinc if am not wrong.

I thought the full stops/periods between the letters was only found on genuine steel badges and not on the zinc version? The fake zincers all have them though so I'm suspicious.... Better wait for Brett to take a look, he da man on these.

Regards, Ned.

Edit: Looking around it seems I got that wrong, the dot thing is normal.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Not an expert by any means Ned & I don't think I will be much help on this one. I read an article on these a long time ago, and true to form I cannot find it now for the life of me! From memory I think the answer is in the sword tips. The right hand tip as you look at the badge will have a very pronounced curve to it & the left hand tip will have a blob on it up near the wreath. As I said, it has been some time & I might be barking up the wrong tree totally.

Edit: I am talking about the fakes, not the genuine item. If my memory turns out to be correct then Jonas' badge should be OK.

Regards
    Brett

Quote by Brett View Post
    Not an expert by any means Ned & I don't think I will be much help on this one. I read an article on these a long time ago, and true to form I cannot find it now for the life of me! From memory I think the answer is in the sword tips. The right hand tip as you look at the badge will have a very pronounced curve to it & the left hand tip will have a blob on it up near the wreath. As I said, it has been some time & I might be barking up the wrong tree totally.

Edit: I am talking about the fakes, not the genuine item. If my memory turns out to be correct then Jonas' badge should be OK.

Regards
    Brett
    I agree with what Brett has stated.
    Also, the originals should have brass hardware where the fakes have grey hardware. Unfortunately, Jonas's example is so "minty" there are no paint scratches or chips to see this.
    Congrats Jonas! One I have been looking for, for a long time.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for the help really appreciate it.

/Jonas