Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz Identification ...

Article about: So I have been collecting for a long time now and thought I had seen quite a bit. I have no friends I can share this interest with and I need an opinion... Does this look real? I have never

freedomachine
    ?

Default Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz Identification ...

So I have been collecting for a long time now and thought I had seen quite a bit. I have no friends I can share this interest with and I need an opinion... Does this look real? I have never seen this combo of cut out and screw back! Mesures 1 1/2" by 1 3/4", looks, smells and feels genuine, just need another persons opinion! Thanks.

Last edited by rbminis; 11-17-2016 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS

Sorry, this is a cast fake straight out of Poland.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum. You have lots of like minded people here to share your thoughts.

Ralph is 100% correct. Besides being cast, there were also (to my knowledge) never cutout WW2 period wound badges.

The only cut out versions are all WW1 awards. (minor point - there is debate as to whether they were official issue/private purchase items and also if they were produced war time or post war (1920's/30's) but that doesn't change the fact that the style you have shown is fantasy.)

Here are two correct examples of a cut out

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...-black-534422/

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Besides being cast, there were also (to my knowledge) never cutout WW2 period wound badges.

The only cut out versions are all WW1 awards. (minor point - there is debate as to whether they were official issue/private purchase items and also if they were produced war time or post war (1920's/30's) but that doesn't change the fact that the style you have shown is fantasy.)

Michael
    Michael, this is not really a WW II award, they are called "Legion Condor" or "Spanish" versions and they did exist.
    Just not of this poor quality and not screw back.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

I'm familiar with the legion condors awards. Just was not aware of cut out versions.

Learn something new every day! Thanks.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Horrid and Crude...The Reverse especially...I collect the WWI Cut-Outs...
    cheers, Glenn

freedomachine
    ?

Thanks guys! I knew it was too good to be true. I had seen the Spanish versions before but never in screw back so I was really weary, especially because the quality seemed pretty low. Anyway, I picked this up for $15! Even if its a fake I am okay with only loosing 15 bucks.

Quote by freedomachine View Post
    Thanks guys! I knew it was too good to be true. I had seen the Spanish versions before but never in screw back so I was really weary, especially because the quality seemed pretty low. Anyway, I picked this up for $15! Even if its a fake I am okay with only loosing 15 bucks.
    Welcome to the Forum! No worries, friend...We've all done it...and every now and then I still do it, lol....
    cheers, Glenn