Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

verwundetenabzeichen schwarz L/10

Article about: Hallo guys , just got this black woundbadge with makermark L/10 made of steel i now the makermark should be deschler ,but its not a deschler design....imo maybe some of you can explain ,it l

Default verwundetenabzeichen schwarz L/10

Hallo guys ,
    just got this black woundbadge with makermark L/10 made of steel
    i now the makermark should be deschler ,but its not a deschler design....imo
    maybe some of you can explain ,it look a Original to me

verwundetenabzeichen schwarz L/10verwundetenabzeichen schwarz L/10verwundetenabzeichen schwarz L/10verwundetenabzeichen schwarz L/10verwundetenabzeichen schwarz L/10verwundetenabzeichen schwarz L/10

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement verwundetenabzeichen schwarz L/10
    P
    Many

Hey, too bad we can't see the obverse to help here....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Turn your computer around Ned!

verwundetenabzeichen schwarz L/10verwundetenabzeichen schwarz L/10verwundetenabzeichen schwarz L/10verwundetenabzeichen schwarz L/10verwundetenabzeichen schwarz L/10

whahaha .....sorry !!!!

I'm betting the maker mark should actually read L/18 (B.H. Mayer) but it's only a partial strike due perhaps to the curve of the pin. The hardware (allowing for variance on the sheet metal hinge), toolmark on the pin bend and obverse design, material (steel) are a perfect match in my opinion. Also looks like it may have been repainted or at least rubbed down at some point.

Perhaps a macro shot of the MM as shown below would help to be certain.

verwundetenabzeichen schwarz L/10verwundetenabzeichen schwarz L/10verwundetenabzeichen schwarz L/10verwundetenabzeichen schwarz L/10

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I am quite certain it is not an L18 because I have one right here. I will try to make a better picture of the MM, but my camera is not that good. If you look at it with a maginifying glass, it shows clearly L10.
    Thanks for your comments though,
    greetings Andreas.

verwundetenabzeichen schwarz L/10verwundetenabzeichen schwarz L/10verwundetenabzeichen schwarz L/10

Well I ran to the neighbours, grapped their camera and took better pictures As you can see it is a L10 and not L18. I hope you can see what I mean. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Regards Andreas

I did also make a aceton test ,the medal is not repainted and the blackness stays on the medall...

whatever its good.

thanks harry ,
    but for me is the question , why has this medall a commen design and not a "deschler"design as most of us now ????

regards andreas