Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber (?) '30'

Article about: Hello friends, I would be grateful for any opinions on this wound badge in what I presume was silver at one point. Marked '30' to the rear for Hauptmünzamt, Wien; sorry for the poor photos,

?

Default Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber (?) '30'

Hello friends,

I would be grateful for any opinions on this wound badge in what I presume was silver at one point. Marked '30' to the rear for Hauptmünzamt, Wien; sorry for the poor photos, as it's tunic-attached this is all there is. It doesn't seem to have an obvious casting lip to the rear edge compared with some other fakes I've seen here. The wear and tear to the front makes it hard to determine whether the detailing is too 'soft'.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber (?) '30'
    P
    Many

It looks okay to me. A zinc award that has absorbed most of its finish. The pin and catch setup is usual for a Hauptmünzamt-produced badge, and there are no obvious flaws in the detailing. It would make a nice tunic-hanger.

B.B.

?

Thankfully it already comes with a tunic attached to it

Quote by Fiore View Post
    Thankfully it already come with a tunic attached to it
    Excellent! You're putting together a mannequin, right? How much progress have you made?

B.B.

?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Excellent! You're putting together a mannequin, right? How much progress have you made?

B.B.
    At the moment I've assembled a Heer EM/NCO field belt and buckle, one K98 ammo pouch, K98 bayonet (no frog yet), and a nice DD M35 helmet. The tunic comes next (I want one for field display and one for parade/walking out display; the latter contender here: Heer M40 tunic to an Unteroffizier, Inf.Rgt.186), then all the other accoutrements (y-straps, gas mask, tornister etc.). I'll get there, with time and patience and the help of this invaluable forum.

Quote by Fiore View Post
    At the moment I've assembled a Heer EM/NCO field belt and buckle, one K98 ammo pouch, K98 bayonet (no frog yet), and a nice DD M35 helmet. The tunic comes next (I want one for field display and one for parade/walking out display; the latter contender here: Heer M40 tunic to an Unteroffizier, Inf.Rgt.186), then all the other accoutrements (y-straps, gas mask, tornister etc.). I'll get there, with time and patience and the help of this invaluable forum.
    You're getting there, then, slowly but surely. Pulling together all the components for a large project can be frustrating at times, but the end result is always worth the time and effort spent. At least this badge (and the tunic attached to it) is one more thing you can cross off your list!

B.B.