Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber und Schwartz in stoff

Article about: Hello I would like some help with these, The first wound badge in silver is bigger than my others, I have heard about oversized variants but don’t know much about them. Second is a black wou

Default Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber und Schwartz in stoff

Hello I would like some help with these, The first wound badge in silver is bigger than my others, I have heard about oversized variants but don’t know much about them. Second is a black wound badge in cloth, I was wondering how these were worn, I was told a while back they were worn on sports uniforms but would like some confirmation.

Thanks for the help in advance,
    Bodhi

Images 4 and 5 it is compared to another silver wound badge, the difference isn’t major but it’s there.

Cloth Wound Badge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber und Schwartz in stoff
    P
    Many

PS: if you need any more images or if you need a measurement on the Silver wound badge just ask!

Bodhi, please post them separately next time.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.

I don't really like the silver, there is no rear rivet and I don't like the finish.
    Also, I am not familiar with any maker that used this type of hinge.
    I suggest you wait for other opinions though.

The cloth wound badge was worn stitched to the tunic, as far as I know.

Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

rbminis, sorry about posting them together I’ll make sure not to do it again.

I’m pretty confident on the Silver Wound Badges Originality but I have been wrong before.

?

Hello Bodhi
    The silver badge is of the so-called Deschler/Wiedmann design and will be larger than your average Verwundetenabzeichen. These badges are found with several hardware configurations, the one shown has an accepted variation. I do agree with Ralph however about the overly shiny finish. Perhaps the badge looks different in real life. Here are two links. The first shows some of the different set ups found on these badges. The second shows a ground dug badge with the same hardware as yours. I ended up buying this badge.

Wiedmann/Deschler Verwundetenabzeichen variants

Verwundetenabzeichen in Silver

Regards
    Brett

Thank you for the help Brett, the finish is only a little less shiny in person and has caught a lot of glare from my poor household lighting but overall the badge is similar to the image, I have seen Gold wound badges polished maybe that’s what has happened to this one.?

Cheers,
    Bodhi

?

Hey Bodhi
    A close look at your badge shows the shiny finish peeling around the swastika and helmet visor, revealing more subdued silver underneath. This could point to a possible refinish. Better photos with better lighting could help.

Regards
    Brett

I will absolutely give you some better images but it will sadly have to be tomorrow as it’s too late now for good lighting. If it is a refinished badge I assume it would of been done post war? I also see the shiny coat peeling around the back at the top of the hinge.

Thanks,
    Bodhi

Better images of the peeling an less glare
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber und Schwartz in stoff   Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber und Schwartz in stoff  

Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber und Schwartz in stoff   Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber und Schwartz in stoff