Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1st Cav patch

Article about: Good morning everyone, Wanted to ask you: is it normal for the 1st cav patch to be on the right sleeve of a M65 jacket? Thanks a lot for your help! Keep safe

Default 1st Cav patch

Good morning everyone,
    Wanted to ask you: is it normal for the 1st cav patch to be on the right sleeve of a M65 jacket?
    Thanks a lot for your help!
    Keep safe

1st Cav patch

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st Cav patch
    P
    Many

Some more detailed photos

1st Cav patch1st Cav patch1st Cav patch1st Cav patch1st Cav patch1st Cav patch1st Cav patch1st Cav patch

Patches on the right sleeve of US Army uniforms indicate "former wartime service" also known as a "Combat patch". It is rather odd that the 1st Cav patch is color and the rest are subdued, but it is not uncommon to see. Does the stitching of the 1st Cav Patch match that of the subdued insignia? That may be an indicator if the patch was later added or has been on the jacket for a longer period of time..

The subdued insignia, skill badges and nametape all appear to be theater made..

Smitty

Yes-This soldier must have served in an area of combat with the 1st Cav, interesting that it's a colored patch and not subdued.

I was concerned by the heterogeneity of the insignia as well, hence my question as I'm not sure if it's original or not...
    Stitchings look ok...
    Any chance that jacket has seen any combat...?

Difficult to say if the jacket had been worn in a combat situation. The US Army Soldier is issued a multitude of clothing and equipment and there may a chance this field jacket was worn before, during and after a combat deployment but it would be difficult to ascertain that from by just looking at the jacket. There would have to be some other type of substantial provenance such as a photo of the Soldier wearing this in theater or on a mission...

Smitty

Thanks a lot for your feedback, it's very helpful.
    What I meant was: is it an authentic jacket of 1st Cav?
    Or are the insignias ridiculous?
    Thanks again

?

Quote by Collect18 View Post
    Thanks a lot for your feedback, it's very helpful.
    What I meant was: is it an authentic jacket of 1st Cav?
    Or are the insignias ridiculous?
    Thanks again
    Hi mate ,
    Not at all , Love it !
    I have a similar setup of patch arrangement. They are rare as rocking horse poo to have an original.
    The 1st Cav patch alone is worth way more than the rest of it.
    Very Nice .
    Cheers Rick

Attachment 1406633

Attachment 1406634

Attachment 1406635

Attachment 1406636

Attachment 1406637

Thanks Rick!
    That’s an awesome piece!

Rick,

A stunning jungle jacket example. Based on the 2 unit insignia I would say this trooper saw some very heavy action.

I actually have a jungle jacket where the soldier used a WW2 patch as his former wartime service patch (He did served in Germany in WW2) and in order to subdue it to match the rest of his uniform, used boot polish to dye the patch so it wouldn't stick out as much..

Two great examples of the type of set up on uniforms during the early US involvement in SE ASIA..

Smitty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast