Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

ARVN Pocket Hanger Patch and a mystery patch

Article about: Hello All, I have been cataloging some of my patches, and have a pair of brain teasers. The first is an ARVN pocket hanger patch that was given to me several years ago. I believe the top lin

Default ARVN Pocket Hanger Patch and a mystery patch

Hello All,

I have been cataloging some of my patches, and have a pair of brain teasers. The first is an ARVN pocket hanger patch that was given to me several years ago. I believe the top line, "VIEN-THONG," may mean "Member," and am not sure what the lower "TIN-TUAN-TIEN" means. I am guessing it is for a radar or anti-aircraft unit based on the green bird and radar motif. Does anyone here have any ideas as to more specifics?

The second one is a little more confusing. I got this small patch separately, and believe it is from the Vietnam era or earlier. It looks like a collar sized patch, pink wool/felt shield with a six pointed yellow star in the center. It came out of a serviceman's album (not removed by me), and has some of the paper and glue remains on the back. Anyone have an idea what it is? Thank you all for your help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ARVN Pocket Hanger Patch and a mystery patch
    P
    Many