Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brown dominant 68 dated ERDL top with ranger and airborne tabs

Article about: No name tape, army tape or SSIs look to have been sewn on this. I will know better once in hand. My question is was it common practice for LRRPs or Pathfinders to just sew those two tabs?

Default Brown dominant 68 dated ERDL top with ranger and airborne tabs

No name tape, army tape or SSIs look to have been sewn on this. I will know better once in hand. My question is was it common practice for LRRPs or Pathfinders to just sew those two tabs?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brown dominant 68 dated ERDL top with ranger and airborne tabs   Brown dominant 68 dated ERDL top with ranger and airborne tabs  

Brown dominant 68 dated ERDL top with ranger and airborne tabs   Brown dominant 68 dated ERDL top with ranger and airborne tabs  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Brown dominant 68 dated ERDL top with ranger and airborne tabs
    P
    Many

Can't help on the patches but this is a green dominate example and very nice!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 03-25-2020 at 07:50 AM.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Can't help on the patches but this is a green dominate example and very nice!
    Mine or yours? Cause im seeing alot of brown in mine.

Quote by Signalguy1987 View Post
    Here, all in one! Green dominant arms
    Last edited by reneblacky; 03-25-2020 at 06:04 AM. Reason: added text

yours!

The OP is green dominant.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    The OP is green dominant.
    Thank you, maybe its just me but I thought that amount of brown was quite a bit. Now I know!

Thank you, maybe its just me but I thought that amount of brown was quite a bit. Now I know!
    You notice on the green dominant the palest background colour is a pale green, on the brown version the background is a pale tan brown. You add the pale background to the darker green or brown and the two shades dominate the other colour.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    You notice on the green dominant the palest background colour is a pale green, on the brown version the background is a pale tan brown. You add the pale background to the darker green or brown and the two shades dominate the other colour.
    I really appreciate the info. Any guidance on the two tabs?

Hi mate

The tabs are merrowed edge coupled with the dated 68 ERDL and that there is a dark army green stitching thread professionally done (typical from the era) on the two tabs,would lead me to believe the jacket to be a legit period item, however without any provenance its hard to give an accurate account.

Merrowed edge patches and tabs were in use by 68/69 and as early as 1966.

Is there any ghosting on the name tape and or Branch? Or on either shoulder.

Phill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast