Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Does this look like a repro m69 flak vest with old labels on it?

Article about: What do you think guys?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Nearly walked past it! Glad I picked it up. OP one do you own it?
    i actually wanted to buy this one but with import taxes its going to be really expensive (seller is in the UK), but when i buy stuff from the US, and ship it through a forwarder i can safe a lot on the import taxes.

@Rescue190 is going to look for me if his friend has a m55 or a m69 for me that he can sell.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Looks very similar to the flak jacket that I was issued and wore in Berlin in the 80's. I still have mine today...

We were still using Vietnam era equipment. I actually preferred this vest over the newer Kevlar jacket that some of the others were issued...

Looks great

Best regards

Smitty
    what date is your flak vest?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Does this look like a repro m69 flak vest with old labels on it?
    P
    Many

back in the 1980's these were sometimes converted to wear as fashion wear the armor padding removed, and worn with camo pants or parachute pants with lots of zippers, punk rockers liked to wear stuff like that.

I picked mine up (68 dated, size L) at the Ciney show for €25 about 12 years ago; and a Woodland PASGT vest with ChocChip cover at a flea market from a kid who complained it was too heavy to play army with He wanted €10 but I gave him €20 so we both had a good deal.

Quote by earlymb View Post
    I picked mine up (68 dated, size L) at the Ciney show for €25 about 12 years ago; and a Woodland PASGT vest with ChocChip cover at a flea market from a kid who complained it was too heavy to play army with He wanted €10 but I gave him €20 so we both had a good deal.
    they go for 150 usd now if not higher

I wore one of these during both my tours in Northern Ireland. When training for deployment on my second tour in 1974, we did some of our training on Salisbury Plain. Part of the training consisted of having various types of weapons fired low over our heads from a firing position about 50 yards away so that we could become accustomed to the sound of different weapons. An SLR rifle was also fired at a brick wall to demonstrate the penetrating power of the 7.62mm round... and the piece de la resistance was a wooden frame set up to support a flak jacket. A 12 bore shotgun was fired at it from a range of about 30 feet to demonstrate its protective properties... there weren't any... the mesh insert was shredded. How about that for instilling faith in your equipment? The vests were a load of crap!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2