MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Joe Galloway

Article about: Joe Galloway died 8.18.21 in my home town Concord, N.C. BILL

Default Joe Galloway

Joe Galloway died 8.18.21 in my home town Concord, N.C. BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Joe Galloway
    P
    Many

Joe Galloway
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

I read that earlier, a man who would put himself in grave danger to report war for what it is and say exactly what he really thought. One hell of a war correspondent!

As an aside, more recently, I've read some of Lara Logan's articles, like Joe Galloway, she is not afraid to say what she really thinks without sugar coating it.
    Last edited by relicz; 08-20-2021 at 02:45 AM.
    Regards,
    John

I Heard, this is most upsetting. RIP

RIP Mr. Galloway. You have seen your share of battle now it's time to rest.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

During the battle of La Drang Joe Galloway came to the aid of two soldiers burned by napalm, helping carry one soldier to safety. For his heroics, he became the only civilian to receive the Bronze Star Medal with ā€œVā€ device 33 years later in 1998. A brave man and a legend among the veterans of the Vietnam war. Rest in peace.

?

Rip

RIP.. I'm sure he's up there with Hal relaxing..

His funeral memorial service will be 1:00PM Saturday September 18, 2021 at the First Baptist Church here in Concord, N.C.. Mel Gibson, Sam Elliott, Barry Pepper and others from the movie WE WERE SOLDIERS are expected to be in attendance. He will be buried at Arlington National Cemetery. BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

A brave man !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast