Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Helmet Markings, (Cobra) Help needed

Article about: Hi all, Did any of you ever seen Markings like this one, I heard it is a cobra and was used by pilots or something like that's not 100% sure, maybe there is an expert who would like to share

Default M1 Helmet Markings, (Cobra) Help needed

Hi all,
    Did any of you ever seen Markings like this one, I heard it is a cobra and was used by pilots or something like that's not 100% sure, maybe there is an expert who would like to share there knowledge on this type of stuff I will post full set of pictures tomorrow of everything, for now I have these of the markings on both side,
    Thanks for help guys

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M1 Helmet Markings, (Cobra) Help needed
    P
    Many

My opinion and only my opinion. Unless I get the helmet directly from the vet or a very reputable source, I never trust any helmet graffiti. Way too easy to fabricate. I find it interesting the cover only contains the marked snake. Nothing else to indicate unit, call sign, nickname etc. All the authentic graffiti helmet covers I've seen are fairly sun bleached, torn and weathered. Not pristine. But there's always exceptions. Finally, I personally know one LOACH pilot and one Gunship pilot. Both saw extensive combat. And I've never heard or seen in their equipment any Cobra marked helmet. Okay, let's see what others have to say. Because the only thing I know is I don't know everything.

Regards,

Gerry C

JustMeinKC !
    Last edited by Gerry C; 04-16-2024 at 04:27 PM.

Hello,

What markings and stamps are on the helmet and the cover? Only then can you put it into perspective.

Regards

Need more info otherwise I would say faked item. Never seen one before.
    John

Apologies all for lack of answer, busy at the moment, I will try to get more pictures, and found on Facebook Vietnam forums 2 same helmets both in USA

That is not a good sign.
    John