Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

MIG 21 Pilot's pressure suit dated 1968

Article about: So maybe Vietnam is stretching it, as this suit is mint, never been issued but certainly the type was used by North Vietnamese pilots. I acquired in the mid 1990's from a dealer in a port ci

Default MIG 21 Pilot's pressure suit dated 1968

So maybe Vietnam is stretching it, as this suit is mint, never been issued but certainly the type was used by North Vietnamese pilots. I acquired in the mid 1990's from a dealer in a port city. He said a Russian sailor from a fishing boat had dropped in his shop one day and offered this suit for sale. Anything for a bit of hard currency in those post Soviet days. I said I'd buy it and the dealer looked at me curiously and said "you don't have a MIG 21 do you?"... That would be telling. The suit packs into a surprisingly small bag. It pays to remember how to repack it before unpacking!

MIG 21 Pilot's pressure suit dated 1968MIG 21 Pilot's pressure suit dated 1968MIG 21 Pilot's pressure suit dated 1968MIG 21 Pilot's pressure suit dated 1968MIG 21 Pilot's pressure suit dated 1968MIG 21 Pilot's pressure suit dated 1968MIG 21 Pilot's pressure suit dated 1968MIG 21 Pilot's pressure suit dated 1968MIG 21 Pilot's pressure suit dated 1968

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MIG 21 Pilot's pressure suit dated 1968
    P
    Many

Photos of North Vietnamese pilots during the Vietnam war wearing this type of pressure suit.

MIG 21 Pilot's pressure suit dated 1968MIG 21 Pilot's pressure suit dated 1968MIG 21 Pilot's pressure suit dated 1968

MAP
    ?

Very nice! I've seen a couple at the local shows over the years. Always thought they were neat.

Interesting how the soviets copied the US "lift a Dot" snaps on the bag!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

What a fascinating piece of history you have there Anderson! I love the tinted screen on the helmet and the suit looks to be in great condition. .

Thank you for sharing.

Andy