Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Need help. Unidentified Vietnam helmet camoflauge

Article about: hi I need to know which camoflauge is in this Vietnam helmet. Liner is dated US 56 is needed and helmet seems to have some rust along the inside with names.

Just because the helmet was produced in the '50s-'60s doesn't mean it HAD to be worn in-country in Vietnam. It's also possible it was, and then still used for a few years after and got a new cover in that period... who knows?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help. Unidentified Vietnam helmet camoflauge
    P
    Many

Like what earlymb said, there is absolutely no possible way to know if this helmet ever saw combat, ever. Until someone invents time travel, you’ll never know. This really applies for almost all areas of collecting, unless you literally have photograph proof or something of it having been somewhere.

Edit: Also, I don’t think anyone is calling your helmet stupid, man.

One word, "provenance", but I could be wasting my breath.

?

. I meant to reply to someone else’s comment. In which she said bonehead combat use helmet. The helmet came from the veteran and then Into someone else’s collection them into mine. She’s also selling me a Vietcong mortar bomb with ak46 bullets as a toy helicopter

?

If you are so convinced that there are blood stains all over the thing, was the veteran shot in the head at some point? Or is it, perhaps, rust?
    Stepping back into the real world, a dent does not a 100% guaranteed combat helmet make.

It is easy to forget that all of the items we collect have spent just a small fraction of their existence in war, and not necessarily in explosive action.
    Most of their time has been spent in the post-war years. A lot can happen, a lot of damage and alterations made, to any item in that time.

While it’s good to have an imagination, it needs to be reigned in a bit in this hobby.

?

Hi. It seems to be a dark red clot or rust on the shell of the helmet. I do own a Korean War helmet with a bullet hit in the top of the shell can provide more photos if you want to

?

Thanks for the offer, but I don’t feel the need to see a blood clot in a helmet.
    Not something that appeals to me. More than a little morbid.

That said, I do have a French Artillerie helmet from the Great War with a bullet hole entry and exit. It is not the sort of thing I actively seek out, but it was given to me. I like to think nobody was wearing it at the time and the straight alignment of the holes seems to support that.

?

Hi. I think also blood clots are too bad to show on photo there seems to be a couple of spots. When I was cleaning it I found a little spot it was dark red smelled it and it was blood. Not the thing that appeals to me. So I gave up cleaning. And it seems the spiders own the helmet own! Nice helmet you got there hoping one day to have a French helmet. I have a German ww2 helmet with sharapnal entry point and exit must ave just missed him or it mutilated one side of his head. Speaking about this seems very wrong but it is war after all. I hope to get more opinions on this helmet and it’s story

Quote by Will95 View Post
    . I meant to reply to someone else’s comment. In which she said bonehead combat use helmet. The helmet came from the veteran and then Into someone else’s collection them into mine. She’s also selling me a Vietcong mortar bomb with ak46 bullets as a toy helicopter
    I can't find my balls!?!

?

Hi. I do not understand your comments and please tell me what you mean

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast