Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions needed for Vietnam bring back book cover!

Article about: Hi Guys, I'm wrapping up my book on Vietnam bring back weapons and have been trying to come up with a cool cover. I would greatly appreciate everyone's opinions on what I have so far. They s

Default Opinions needed for Vietnam bring back book cover!

Hi Guys,

I'm wrapping up my book on Vietnam bring back weapons and have been trying to come up with a cool cover. I would greatly appreciate everyone's opinions on what I have so far. They still need some tweaking. A bring back Luger from an advisor is also in the book so I was thinking of placing it on a Vietnam red beret as another option. Thanks!
    Opinions needed for Vietnam bring back book cover!Opinions needed for Vietnam bring back book cover!Opinions needed for Vietnam bring back book cover!Opinions needed for Vietnam bring back book cover!Opinions needed for Vietnam bring back book cover!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions needed for Vietnam bring back book cover!
    P
    Many

?

I think it would look better if "Bring back weapons from Vietnam" was dividen into two lines. If it is one line, its either too small font size, or with an OK font size way too close to the edges of the cover. Black letters with white outline (3. picture) are the best in my opinion.
    As for the weapons, considering this book is about Vietnam, I would suggest a type that was typical for the Vietnam war. If collectors look at a Nagant rifle, almost everyone assumes its WW2 era. While technically it was also used in the Vietnam war, it is not typical for that era. The SKS for example is much better in my opinion, as its a typical cold war era rifle.
    And if the book is focused on weapons, I would show only weapons (maybe with accessories, if they are present) on the cover, and leave all other memorabilia out.
    Cheers, David

Great suggestions David! Thanks for your input!

I am in agreement with David's feedback. Good luck.
    John

Some nice guy on another forum put together these sample covers for me! I really like the first two. The idea of a random GI holding a captured weapon is another great idea!
    Opinions needed for Vietnam bring back book cover!Opinions needed for Vietnam bring back book cover!Opinions needed for Vietnam bring back book cover!

I certainly agree with the above advice and would also like to suggest adding something to the background that immediately takes the viewer's mind to the Vietnam War, such as an NVA Flag or a VC Surrender Leaflet...
    -Glenn-

Thanks guys! On the suggestion of others I thinking about a title change: Thoughts please?Opinions needed for Vietnam bring back book cover!

Too long of title IMHO. Easy to shorten as still get the point across.
    John

This one works for me.

?

Quote by WWIIBuff1945 View Post
    Thanks guys! On the suggestion of others I thinking about a title change: Thoughts please?Opinions needed for Vietnam bring back book cover!
    If you stay with this title, I would suggest to leave out the "war trophies" part, and put the "souvenir weapons from vietnam" there istead. And make it a little shorter. So it would be liket his:

SOUVENIR WEAPONS FROM VIETNAM

AND THE STORIES OF THE SOLDIERS
    WHO BROUGHT THEM HOME

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast