Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please help me research this Vietnam Paratrooper Helmet!

Article about: Hi everyone- around 2-3 years back I purchased a US Paratrooper helmet from the Vietnam War. Last year I was fiddling around with it and dusted it, and I found that one of the liner bands wa

Default Please help me research this Vietnam Paratrooper Helmet!

Hi everyone- around 2-3 years back I purchased a US Paratrooper helmet from the Vietnam War. Last year I was fiddling around with it and dusted it, and I found that one of the liner bands was not clipped in place. So, I went to go fix it. As I went to go fix it, I noticed that on the inside of the liner band was a white card with the name of the soldier! Now, there are also some numbers on the bottom but I don’t know what they are. I tried searching up the soldier online, and I’m the Vietnam memorial wall, to no avai. I figured that if anyone would be able to help, it would be people who collect Vietnam-era militaria (I mostly collect WWII era Soviet militaria). Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks!

Please help me research this Vietnam Paratrooper Helmet!
    Last edited by rbminis; 04-20-2021 at 02:17 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help me research this Vietnam Paratrooper Helmet!
    P
    Many

The name is not on the Vietnam Memorial (the wall) in Washington D.C. if that helps...

Regards

Santi

If this is the same fellow, that would mean that this is a Korean war worn helmet, not a Vietnam war worn helmet.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

That looks like a social security number.

yes it does....in the US the military switched to SSN's.....the net says 1969 for the Army and Marines, I was in the Air Force is 1978 and we were already using our SSN's then
    "Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life" - Herbert Henry Asqulth

Quote by sweersz View Post
    That looks like a social security number.
    That was my first thought. The SSN relates to a Wisconsin resident. The only one I found is below, needs more research.

Robert Louis Hildebrandt (1935-2009) - Find A Grave Memorial

Some very interesting information. Thanks for all the help so far gents!

I found a Robert L Hildebrand living in Tampa, Florida. There is some information about him here:
    https://www.whitepages.com/name/Robe...FL/Pnyrjj4Jwy1
    He is in his 60s now, so he would have been of military age when the Vietnam era helmets were in use. A lot of people from the north retire here in Florida, so it would not be surprising for him to have a Wisconsin social security number. If he is still alive, it would be good to censor the number in your photo. A SSN and name can be used in identity theft.

That's a bit of a worry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast