Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tigerstripes

Article about: Won these in an eBay auction, 45 bucks CAD. Got my doubts they are originals as not even the seller seems to know, but they were cheap and if they're originals, all the better for me. If the

Default Tigerstripes

Won these in an eBay auction, 45 bucks CAD. Got my doubts they are originals as not even the seller seems to know, but they were cheap and if they're originals, all the better for me. If they're reproductions, I can wear 'em out in the brush. I heard that these were never made in 3rd pattern fatigues and only in 1st pattern with the exposed buttons. The pants and shirt are also very different from each other in terms of how faded they are. Anyone care to add their input?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tigerstripes
    P
    Many

Looks like NATO 1980's stock codes on the tab. The original Tiger stripes as worn in Vietnam or the surrounding SEA countries were often locally made in South Vietnam and Thailand, and could be without tabs. I would think these are 1980's at the earliest.

45 bucks CAD a good price on em, at least?

TigerstripesTigerstripes

Here's a really good Vietnam war colour Tigerstripes photo that shows the tonal variation seen in these original camo uniforms. Note also the two pocket shirt and the distinctive type of buttons used in the 1960's.

Original tiger stripes were never issued as the BDU type trousers you show here.

?

Your not going to get a pair of VN wartime tiger stripes on ebay for $45, I've got almost $800 for a top and bottom I've had. The pattern itself show is much different than the wartime ones

CBH
    ?

Still 45$ isn't bad for a repro set, originals are very rare and expensive.

I wish I still had mine to post as an example.
    In 1973, I was an 11th grader and my dad was in VN. For Christmas,
    he sent me home a set of Tiger Stripes. Sadly they were lost in a hose fire.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Tigerstripes were cool and in VN everyone wanted to wear them. But usually it was South Vietnam forces, US Special Forces advisors, LRRP's, Montagnard tribal troops and Australian & New Zealand SAS.

Tigerstripes

Photo above of a MIKE Force Montagnard company.

Tigerstripes

Australian SAS. The guy on the left understands style.

I've seen unissued sets of Tigerstripes fresh in the bag go for 3,000 bucks or so! I had high doubts they were originals and in truth, I doubt I'll ever put out more than 300 bucks for a uniform. These will look nice on display or out in the shrubs for the time being, though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast